We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

comparisons

united kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
comparisons

Only myself and spouse travelling. Like the look of the oriental - nice to return to a good hotel at end of a long day - however get the feeling that burgis may be a better location - but other half likes to look out of water! What is your opinion of the views, the restaurants, bars, places to people watch in these locations. May not be great at navigating the MRT so may have to use taxis. Please help in my decision. Is it worth spending extra on Oriental. One final question can you give some idea of a budget for 3 days and is visa acceptable.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: comparisons

Oriental is a nice hotel but not all rooms have views of the water so u should consider that as u might get a city view room (btw this view is also very pretty !), IC doesnt have good views but this neighborhood is cool (more alive and vibrant).

Spend extra just so u can have a view ? Unless u plan to stay and spend a lot of time in that room or the hotel itself, I dont see why one should spend more when there is another property that provides similar quality and amenities at a lower rate. U r out and about most of the day anyways so save that extra bit and shop or dine well ! I am the type that will appreciate a view only if it comes as an added bonus, i dont necessarily need one as I am only at the hotel or room for sleeping but I do mind a bad bathroom or a tiny room ! View is of little importance to me but that is just me coz I enjoy spending time outside getting to know the city and its mysteries !

Hope this helps, good luck !

PS. I will just go with IC (btw what is the price difference? if it isnt much of a difference, then I would go with Oriental) for an overall average for quality, location, convenience, price, etc.

2. Re: comparisons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 26, 2009