We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced tailors in Singapore

Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Reasonably priced tailors in Singapore

Hi Everyone,

We are heading to Singapore in a few weeks and looking to get a few suits tailor-made.

I have seen a few recommendations for tailors on this site, however they are fairly expensive and we are looking for something a bit within our budget.

Ideally, we'd like to get two men's suits for under $800 singapore dollars.

Any recommendations on where to go for reasonable quality tailors for this sort of price? I have heard some horror stories about the tailors along Orchard Road - is it ok to choose one of these tailors or would this be a mistake? Any tips on what to look out for when choosing a tailor?

Thanks

L

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
11,177 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Sydney
Level Contributor
30 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonably priced tailors in Singapore

Two suits under $800, you are only looking for problems! Certainly can be done and the guys along Orchard, particularly in Lucky Plaza or Far East Square will do you a deal.

Having lived there myself I would only use Oxford Taylors in the OUB Plaza at Raffles Place. Thats my own preference and there are other good ones around, just do a "Tailor/Taylor" search on here for the recommendations.

To get anything decent you would probably start looking at $600.

Mentioned in this post
Far East Square
Far East Square
24 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Raffles Place
Raffles Place
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably priced tailors in Singapore

Yes, check out those at The Central business district............as mention at OUB centre (Right above Raffles Place MRT & Link to the MRT) would be a good choice..........

U got to avoid those along Orchard........

Good Luck

Mentioned in this post
Central Business District
Central Business District
117 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Raffles Place
Raffles Place
Singapore, Singapore
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonably priced tailors in Singapore

The best advice I had from a friend is that he will buy a suit off the rack and when he returns to SIN (he is an expat there), get his tailor to fix the problem ! This way works out the most economical and he is guaranteed of fabric and style of the suit !!!

Sorry I cant help with a name as most of the seamtress I know personally are seamtress, not tailors (as I had found out most of them are really seamtress who are FANTASTIC as alterations but to make an outfit from step one, they are not professionally trained).

Good Luck

4. Re: Reasonably priced tailors in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:28 pm, April 03, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonably priced tailors in Singapore

leightons at far east shopping centre does a fine job with mostly local clientale. price depends on fabric you choose.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonably priced tailors in Singapore

tailor in suntec city is called dickson

I'd definitely avoid orchard road tailors unless you know of someone recommended personally. Definitely no touting business.....sure no go!

7. Re: Reasonably priced tailors in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 26, 2009