We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency change ( euro to sgd )

London, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Currency change ( euro to sgd )

hello ,

Were is the nearest money changer close to Robertson Quay hotel ? And do they open Sundays evening as will land approx 3pm and reach area by 5pm ( rough calculations ) . Another question is which bank/agent has the most attractive rates ? ( euro currency )

Mentioned in this post
Robertson Quay Hotel
Robertson Quay Hotel
1,005 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency change ( euro to sgd )

HI baksy39,

You can change at the airport. Money changers are open 24/7. There are ATMs as well. You do not need to wait until after you reach the hotel to change money. You need some cash to pay for your cab ride from the airport to your hotel. May be you can change the amount you need for cab and dinner and change the rest on Monday.

This is the online rates at Mustafa. Their rates are attractive and they are popular but there is no 'live' rates on Sunday. But you can use this for comparison purpose between Mustafa's and the rate at the airport.

http://www.mustafa.com.sg/frmForex.aspx

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency change ( euro to sgd )

Yes, just change enough at the airport. Rates are very competitive.There is precious little to save looking arounfpd for the cheapest changers in town. Every mall has a money changer so need to hunt one down.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency change ( euro to sgd )

Change some at the airport for your immediate transport and food, say about SGD100 is more than enough.

Take a slow walk to Raffles Place, there are two money exchangers with good rates (The Arcade Buidling)

Mentioned in this post
Raffles Place
Raffles Place
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency change ( euro to sgd )

Good morning,

My advice is not to go to The Arcade. Yes, the rates are competitive due to there being a number of moneychangers under one roof, but unless you have plenty of time to kill the small difference in the rates is not worth it. I work in the area. Imo, the lunch time queues are terrible. And this coupled with the lunch time crowd make the place very very crowded.

You can go to People's Park Complex in Chinatown. It is much nearer to where you stay.

thebestsingapore.com/best-place/…

Mentioned in this post
People's Park Complex
People's Park Complex
105 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Chinatown
Chinatown
11,693 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currency change ( euro to sgd )

Money changers at changi airport operate 24/7 and offer one of the best rates in the city, I always exchange the whole sum that I need there. Going to a specific money changer does not justify the MRT one way ticket usually, if you change 100-200$.

London, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Currency change ( euro to sgd )

Thanks for your tips guys,were ever I travelled it's highly unlikely that airport exchange rates are same as in cities , but if in Singapore it's more or less on equal rate I find no problem changing there

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Currency change ( euro to sgd )

<< but if in Singapore it's more or less on equal rate I find no problem changing there>>

Yes, as unusual as it seems , but Money changers at changi airport offer one of the best rates in the city.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
8. Re: Currency change ( euro to sgd )

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 21, 2017