We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quad bikes/laundry

Adelaide, Aust
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
quad bikes/laundry

We will be travelling to Singapore in a few weeks time and wondered if anybody could answer the following two questions

Can you hire ATVs or quad bikes in Singapore, for an off road type trip with a guide for a couple of hours.

Also are there any coin operated laundries in Singapore especially around the Clarke Quays area as we would like to cut down on the luggage but do not want to pay the high prices for a hotel laundry.

Hope somebodycan help with this. thanks for your help

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quad bikes/laundry

Hi there

For Laundry, U can try:

CottonCare Laundry & Dry Cleaning Services

http://www.cottoncare.com.sg

This company Offers island-wide laundry and dry cleaning service - free collection and delivery at your doorstep.

Contact Info: Tel:90296919

Or U can check Chinatown Point Shopping Centre & Opposite it, the People's park Centre. (Non coin Operated) As most coin Operated laundry mart Operated out of the city area where rental is lower.

There is a hostel Near Clark Quay with Laundry Facilities, But I dunno if they would allow non Guest to use it. Wat I suggest is, ask the bar Man, if U buy a drink there (while U wait for laundry to finish the circle), would they allow U to used it (Bcos the Hostel is upstairs with the bar downstairs ^__^).

http://www.summertavern.com/2nd/staying.html

Cheers

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quad bikes/laundry

I am not sure if u want to travel just to do laundry (coz I dont know any one near u but there are some coin operated ones listed below) :

Instant Wash Centre (coin-operated)

#02-96, Blk 15, Holland Drive

Tel: 6872-1720

This one above is a good excuse if u go to check out Holland Village. They are some good restaurants and shopping here. U can wash a load, go shop a little, come back to put the load into the dryer go out and grab some food before coming back to collect them !

Auto-coin Launderette and Drycleaning Centre (coin-operated)

Blk 8, Empress Road

Tel: 6471-3090

The one above is not too far from town (Orchard) but a little distance from Clark Quay. But a cab is so cheap it might be worth your while coz laundry anywhere else (even the ones outside of hotels) are expensive in SIN.

Good Luck

Adelaide, Aust
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quad bikes/laundry

Thank you both very much for your answers they are a great help.

No I do not want to travel just to do laundry but also do not want to have to take enough clothes for the 12 days we will be away so if I can wash them it would mean I could take a lot less with me.

It is only 5 weeks before we travel so I am trying to get a few things sorted out before we go and how much to take is one of them.

your help to people who travel is really great.

Thank you for taking the time to advise people it is really kind of you.

4. Re: quad bikes/laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, August 17, 2009