We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great food, great views?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
60 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Great food, great views?

Hi, just looking for some advice on a good quality restaurant serving traditional Singapore food with amazing views. I've done some searching but feel it's always far better getting advice from people who have tried the food.

Many thanks in advance.

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great food, great views?

Hello, you may check Gluttons Bay: hawker centre open on evening with local food at affordable price in open air with view over Marina Bay. Can be very busy at dinner time especially on friday and saturday.

No Sign Board next Gluttons Bay if you want to try chili crabs; with view other Marina Bay and Marina Bay Sands in the background.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,546 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great food, great views?

Hello bjagall,

Would you consider going out of the city?

http://www.soshiok.com/content/meal-view

Note: Transport may be a problem and you may need to call for a taxi to get to/from a few of these places.

Cheers

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,546 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great food, great views?

Just thought of another one.

www.faberpeaksingapore.com/index.php…

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,935 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great food, great views?

Equinox at Swiss TS.....

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
428 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Great food, great views?

East Coast Lagoon Food Village (hawker fare) & East Coast Seafood Centre (seafood restaurants). They are located on opposite sides of the lagoon, about half a km apart. Stroll the beach prior or thereafter.

The Food Village is a great throwback breezy-al fresco-feasting-by-the-sea experience, a la the Satay Club & Boat Quay Hawker Center of old.

The Seafood Centre houses all the famous chains before they started expanding downtown.

Best to take a cab there, & be prepared to make a phone booking to leave the place (the taxi stands have long queues at night).

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Great food, great views?

Hopefuly, this's fine to you.

Bitters & Love - 36 North Canal Road is a good place of your finding. Find it out and enjoy

Cheers

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great food, great views?

A previous poster mentions Equinox at the Swisshotel The Stamford, great views, great tasting menu. I like this restaurant a lot but wouldn't head there if I wanted traditional Singaporean food.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great food, great views?

Straits cafe for a wide spread of food with a cant towards local food like laksa, rojak and the likes in the comfort of a 4/5* hotel. Not too sure about the view, but tons of Singaporeans head there for their buffet.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,546 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great food, great views?

qyqi,

Straits Kitchen, and not the Straits Cafe, has no view at all. Located indoors, on the ground floor of The Grand Hyatt. You can't even see the street outside the hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great food, great views?

Sorry once again! I swear my thoughts get hijacked alot nowadays. What I type does not correspond to what I /mean/ to type -- which is terrible on all levels.

And alright then, no view, so you may want to strike Straits Kitchen off your list haha.