We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with with itinerary planning

Brisbane
Level Contributor
249 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with with itinerary planning

We are a family of 5 with kids 8yo, 5yo and 5yo. We are going to Singapore in july 3 - 9 and staying with relatives.

wed - arr in afternoon. maybe rest or maybe catch a cab to the night zoo

thur - legoland staying at legoland resort

fri - legoland, hello kitty and back to singapore. sneak out at night with hubby if we are not too tired. pls recommend some funky local hangouts with nice bars or cafes. My friend recently went to KuDeta and said it was disappointing and full of tourists.

sat - Singapore Zoo or SEA Aquarium? is it anything like Seaworld on GC? we have annual passes to seaworld, movieworld, dreamworld and wet n wild, kids have been to 3 diff disneylands already, is sg zoo better than san diego zoo or taronga zoo (my fav)? I'm just theme parked out! I despise them but only go for the kids. this trip is mainly about legoland. it's also very expensive and not sure if it's worth it.

sun - suggestions please. light and fountain show

mon -thinking of checking into marina bay sands just to take the famous pic in the pool but not sure if it's really worth it and not sure if the room can fit 5 of us. I'm not paying 2 rooms and be separated from my husband.

tues -garden of the bay and surrounding area. dep at night. been before but i think worthwhile to go again.

if it was an adult holiday, we would just cafe hop and shop but this trip is all about the kids. i went last yr and realised there's so much to do in sg for kids. the only problem is the heat...personally i think my kids would prefer indoor attractions than outdoor like the science museum. they may nag if they get too hot and bothered. they're good travellers.

is universal studios worth it for young kids. i went maybe 14 yrs ago to orlando and it was awesome but i don't remember any rides for very young kids. we also go to movieworld and dreamworld has a madagascar theme too.

Shame we missed the ice sculpture show. is the singapore flyer worth it? if you having kids similar age please tell me what your kids enjoy the most. thanks

also, is it ok to catch a taxi to causeway/woodlands then find a jb taxi to take us to legoland? we are staying only 15mins taxi ride from there.

do kids 5 and above need to pay for public transport? i'm thinking its probably the same price then and more convenient to just catch a taxi everywhere. Can u still buy mrt card and top up credit? i think SG$30 for tourist card is too exxy and same price for kids. That's $150 for 5 of us! and only limited to a few days.

Thanks!

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
427 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with with itinerary planning

Hi there. I can only help with a few things but we have done the SEA Aquarium and its amazing. We took our toddler and he was amazed by it. Definitely worth a visit. If your kids are good swimmers and like the water could also do the water park next to the aquarium.Universals is a really fun day out. You can now do breakfast with Elmo and Cookie monster on certain days which may suit your kids ages. There are a few kids rides but lots to see and do without going on rides. I agree about gardens at marina bay such a beautiful place and relaxing. When we were there last year there was a kids water park getting built there which may be fun for your kids. Also the new river zoo is amazing ao tranquil and I love pandas! Sorry can not help With accommodation or public transportation. Hope you have a fantastic holiday :-)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
249 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with with itinerary planning

Thanks for your reply! there's just so much to choose from! we will have to save some for next time as we want it to be relaxing and not cram so much in.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with with itinerary planning

We are a family of 5 with kids 8yo, 5yo and 5yo. We are going to Singapore in july 3 - 9 and staying with relatives.

wed - arr in afternoon. maybe rest or maybe catch a cab to the night zoo

I suppose you meant the night safari. I would suggest you not to go. Quite a waste of money. You can't walk around in the night safari, you have to take the tram and there is really not much to see. You can visit the zoo in the day.

thur - legoland staying at legoland resort

fri - legoland, hello kitty and back to singapore. sneak out at night with hubby if we are not too tired. pls recommend some funky local hangouts with nice bars or cafes. My friend recently went to KuDeta and said it was disappointing and full of tourists.

Kudeta offers a nice view, but it is really a very expensive place to visit. You can visit clarkquay. All the bars and pubs are there, so you can always hop around if one doesn't suit your taste. If you like beer and you like a nice view, you can head to marina financial center - level 33. An array of beer with a nice view of Singapore skyline.

sat - Singapore Zoo or SEA Aquarium? is it anything like Seaworld on GC? we have annual passes to seaworld, movieworld, dreamworld and wet n wild, kids have been to 3 diff disneylands already, is sg zoo better than san diego zoo or taronga zoo (my fav)? I'm just theme parked out! I despise them but only go for the kids. this trip is mainly about legoland. it's also very expensive and not sure if it's worth it.

sorry i haven't been to the other zoos so I can't commend on this.

sun - suggestions please. light and fountain show

You could check out the Jurong bird park, correct me if I am wrong but the last time I went there it was the world's tallest mandmade waterfall. But that was quite awhile back so Im not sure if the information is still correct.

mon -thinking of checking into marina bay sands just to take the famous pic in the pool but not sure if it's really worth it and not sure if the room can fit 5 of us. I'm not paying 2 rooms and be separated from my husband.

You don't have to check in to the room to get access to the pool. You can just pay for the pass to get to the pool I can't remember the price now you might want to google it.

tues -garden of the bay and surrounding area. dep at night. been before but i think worthwhile to go again.

If you are heading to the mbs infinity pool on mon, you can combine garden by the bay into one day. You can then head to sentosa on tuesday instead. all the beach. probably not as amazing as what you have in GC, but there is unfortunately not much kids stuff in SG.

if it was an adult holiday, we would just cafe hop and shop but this trip is all about the kids. i went last yr and realised there's so much to do in sg for kids. the only problem is the heat...personally i think my kids would prefer indoor attractions than outdoor like the science museum. they may nag if they get too hot and bothered. they're good travellers.

is universal studios worth it for young kids. i went maybe 14 yrs ago to orlando and it was awesome but i don't remember any rides for very young kids. we also go to movieworld and dreamworld has a madagascar theme too.

I see that your youngest is 5yo and no, I won't recommend USS for such a young age, it would be a waste of money as he probably won't be able to take most of the rides.

Shame we missed the ice sculpture show. is the singapore flyer worth it? if you having kids similar age please tell me what your kids enjoy the most. thanks

As a local, I think it is waste of money, but I have met several traveller who thinks it is a worthwhile 1 time attraction to visit, just to take some nice pictures and all. Good to go in the night when the lights are all up.

also, is it ok to catch a taxi to causeway/woodlands then find a jb taxi to take us to legoland? we are staying only 15mins taxi ride from there.

Yes you can. However, I just realised you have 5 people travelling in total. Singapore is very strict about this rule that a taxi can only take 4 passangers. Where exactly do you stay? Perhaps we can advice which public transport to take.

having 5 people in a cab in JB shouldn't be an issue

do kids 5 and above need to pay for public transport? i'm thinking its probably the same price then and more convenient to just catch a taxi everywhere. Can u still buy mrt card and top up credit? i think SG$30 for tourist card is too exxy and same price for kids. That's $150 for 5 of us! and only limited to a few days.

In singapore, we go by height, as long as you are above 0.9m you have to pay for bus fare, but as I mentioned, Singapore taxi does not allow 5 passangers in a taxi. Yes you can just purchase an ezlink card and top up when you finish the credit. I am not sure about tourist card, is it unlimited ride?

4. Re: Please help with with itinerary planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 20, 2015