We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoo and safari

perth australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Zoo and safari

will be in singapore in september for 4 nights, want to go to zoo and night safari. staying at novotel clark quay. How far to these places and what is the best way to get there.ie taxi , bus , etc.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoo and safari

easiest way is definitely by cab (time wise, should be about 20 mins or cab fare about S$15-17 coz I heard fare went up).

If u want to try for an adventure, u can catch the MRT (across the bridge from your hotel towards Swissotel Merchant Court, there is an MRT station there) to Marsiling then a cab or a local bus.

The Zoo and night safari is next to each other so go in the late afternoon, spend 2-3 hours, have a bite and relax before night safari opens.

Good Luck.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoo and safari

I think the other way is to get the MRT to Ang Mo Kio and then a number 12 (?) bus to the zoo. Taxi's more expensive but at least there's no hanging around.

The zoo and night safari are right next to each other and you can get a joint ticket for the both (although this doesn't include tram travel). I wouldn't bother about tram travel at the zoo but you can pay extra for the tram at the Night Safari, which I think is quite a fun way to get around. Joint ticket does work out cheaper and even if you decide you don't want to do both on the same day, the ticket is valid for a month so you can come back the next day if it's more convenient.

I really enjoyed the elephant show at the zoo; anyway there's lots of info and even suggested routes on the Net so you can plan your day.

Best

Ari

Mumbai
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoo and safari

hi . We returned after a nice holiday in singapore (me, my hubby and kid).

The bus number from ang mo kio to the zoo is no.138. but we suggest u take the cab.

We purchased the park hoppers pass for the zoo, safari and jurong bird park, costed 120 Singapore dollars (for 2 adults and a child)including tram rides at safari and zoo. Hope this information helps.

Have a nice trip.

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Zoo and safari

Hi Homemaker,

I'm going to SIngapore in december and am interested in going to either the Zoo or the night safari but have read differing views on each? Which would you recomend and are they very different (apart from being dark of course!!)

Mumbai
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zoo and safari

hi wingscigar, i understand ur predicament. Firstly let me tell u that our trip to singapore was planned keeping in mind my kid aged 4 and half and hence our decision to do both zoo and night safari (on different days). She enjoyed both , so did we.

The zoo has some very good shows, we saw all of them and since we went on a Sunday also saw animal feeding. Was quite exciting for my daughter. The negatives r - We had to walk a lot, inspite of the tram rides. and the weather added to our discomfort. also we spent the larger part of the day at the zoo ( 7 hrs , i think!) but saw almost everything.

The night safari is well presented and athe main attraction for children is seeing animals in the shadows of the night. But the main upside was the show " creatures of the night" .that was well presented. We also saw the fireeaters put up a good show.

u may also check out the websites : www.zoo.com.sg

www.nightsafari.com.sg

hope all this info helps u make up ur mind.

have a nice trip

Mumbai
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zoo and safari

wings cigar, from the kids point of view a visit to the zoo and night safari are different. for us of course , u know what!!!!!

i am sorry i cannot discourage u from going to either of them.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zoo and safari

personally, i prefer the zoo to the night safari, lots more to see and do (anything in the dark is limited, sometimes u get lucky and u have the chance to see more animals roaming about but other times, the animals are not seen at all)

If u r traveling with little ones (less than 4), Night Safari may not be a good idea simply coz it doesnt hold their interest much if the animals just happen to be hiding that night and also due to the operating hours at night, kids get tired by then to really enjoy the whole experience.

Night Safari is a good one time experience but the zoo is a nice park to visit again (and again).

Since u have 4 nights/5 days, another cool attraction is the Haw Par Villa (Tiger Balm Gardens) for those who have an interest in the Chinese myths/believes (in the after life, or crime & punishment). And the Tang dynasty village is not bad either.

Good Luck

8. Re: Zoo and safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, August 19, 2009