We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need help with hotels....

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
I need help with hotels....

I am visiting between the 19th-23rd May and need to find a hotel at around $160SGD a night. I realise doing Singapore on a budget isn't easy, but would like a place with a pool and free Wi-Fi as I will be looking for work whilst I am there, and want the pool to cool down in, in the evening!

If anybody knows of any discount codes or hotels out of the centre, close to an MRT then that would be great. The best I can find for my budget is the YMCA Metropolitan, but if there are any of you out there with some insider info, then please let me know...

Many Thanks in advance :0)

Lee

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,860 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need help with hotels....

Hello Lee,

Try the following:

V Hotel Lavender

V Hotel Bencoolen

YMCA @ One Orchard

Good Luck!

Edited: 4:18 pm, April 23, 2014
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
19,934 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need help with hotels....

Hello,

Have a look at these hotels and see if any suit you. I tend to look on websites like booking.com, hotelclub, and Expedia to compare prices, and if I can leave it a bit and wait until 2 weeks before my departure I look on Wotif website (as they have good last minute booking prices). All on my list have pools, and many have free wifi. You can read reviews of all of these on Tripadvisor by typing their name into the search box at the top right of this page-

V Bencoolen Hotel

YMCA International House, One Orchard Road (much better than the YMCA Metropolitan and better located)

YMCA Fort Canning Lodge

Parc Sovereign Hotel

Fragrance Riverside Hotel

Fragrance Selegie. Hotel

Parkroyal on Kitchener Hotel

V Lavender Hotel

Village Hotel Bugis

Bayview Hotel

Peninsula Excelsior Hotel

Edited: 4:24 pm, April 23, 2014
Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,934 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need help with hotels....

Edit - typing error. That should have been YWCA Fort Canning Lodge, not YMCA Fort Canning Lodge.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need help with hotels....

Thank you Avanti and Nancy! A good list and a great tip on the wotif website 😊

Regards

Lee

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,934 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need help with hotels....

Yes sometimes Wotif can be good. What I do is research the hotels, make a short-list of 3 or 4 choices I would be happy with and then keep watching their prices on the various websites like booking.com, sometimes I am lucky and grab a great price. But if a good deal doesnt appear I wait a bit and go on Wotif 1-2 weeks before my travel dates and snap up the best price I can get out of my short-listed hotels.

Hope you can find one that suits. Have a great trip to Singapore.

6. Re: I need help with hotels....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 25, 2015