We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to the Sin Huat eating house

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been to the Sin Huat eating house

I just saw a tv show and it has it on it and it looked so so good - Anyone been and can tell me first hand what it is like

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to the Sin Huat eating house

U must had watch A Cook's Tour by Anthony Bourdain about The finest restaurant in Singapore.

Here's my opinion: Sin Huat Eating House which house Sin Huat Seafood and which is famous for Crab Beehoon is rather run down, food was too pricey.(A meal for 2, cost about S$80.00) This eating house is also famous for Boneless Duck Rice, frog leg in Chicken Essence...etc......it is at Geylang Lor 35 (few street away from the Red Light hub ^__^).

Cheers

Singapore
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to the Sin Huat eating house

Have not eaten at Sin Huat but if it's Crab Bee Hoon soup you are looking for, it's very good at No. 3 Crab Delicacy at 265 Outram Road. A whole crab goes into this dish, not sure if it's Sri Lankan crab but it was certainly cooked just right so the meat was sweet, juicy and came out of the shell easily.

Outram Road will also be more central a location than Geylang although you do get more of glitzy lights and dubious streetwalkers along Geylang. Outram Road eateries are very local in flavour as well.