We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Raffles Avenue

Level Contributor
47 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Raffles Avenue

Hi, we are flying into Singapore for 2 nights at Christmas prior to picking up a cruise aboard Sapphire Princess. Can anyone tell me how far it is from the airport to our hotel on Raffles Avenue (Oriental)? Also, how far is it from the hotel to the port terminal where we will pick up our ship?

Thanks.

Sandra & Jezz

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Raffles Avenue

Hi Sandra & Jezz

From Changi Airport Sg to The Oriental hotel is about 20 - 25min via ECP (East Coast Parkway Expressway) & down Rochor Road /Suntec. The trip should not cost U more than S$18.00 including any surcharge (about S$15.00)

From The Oriental to Harbour Front Cruise Centre is about 10 -15min Via Rochor Road up to ECP / AYE. Cost about S$10.00 or less.

Have a good trip

Lancashire England
Level Contributor
523 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Raffles Avenue

Hi Sandra & Jezz

We have just stayed at The Oriental and its a fantastic hotel, if poss try to get a harbour room the view is spectacular. A great area to get around and see a lot we walked virtually everywhere, Raffles Hotel, chijmes, clarke quay, and Orchard road. Marina Square shopping centre next door with a good range of shops/restaurants,it also links to the Suntec centres. As already advised it took up aprox 20mins to transfer from the airport.. We meet a few taxi drivers (we had nine days) they was all fantastic offering tips and advise on where to go and what to do,also very cheap. Everybody seems to be mad about football so that was a laugh!! we was there for the world cup. A word of caution there was a lot of construction in singapore when we was there across from the hotel and in general, however we were on floor 15 and I can honestly say it didn't effect us.

Have a great trip.

Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Raffles Avenue

We also are going on your same cruise (Dec 23 out of Singapore?) I believe. Should be fun. We're arriving in Singapore midday December 21 from the U.S. I just wrote a new message requesting advice because I'm trying to decide if we want to get foreign currency in advance for Thailand, Vietnam and Bali (surely I will for Australia and Singapore)--just for small purchases, maybe a meal. What do you think? Will you get foreign currency in advance for these countries?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Raffles Avenue

hey Jane,

since u r from US, I suggest u just keep small notes ($1 to $10) for the purchases in Indonesia (Bali), Thailand and Vietnam.

I am not much of an experienced cruiser but from my 2 cruises, u werent have much time on land for each port (max 8 hours) before the ship sails off for the next port. Hence, u dont want to expose yourself to all these currency exchang fluctuations. These countries u r visiting accept US$ esp. if u join the tours from the cruise liners (the places they normally bring u to are touristy).

Good Luck

PS. But if u r not planning to join any tours organized by the cruise ship, u may want to change some $ for taxis coz they dont accept foreign currencies like most of the shops.

5. Re: Airport to Raffles Avenue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 17, 2009