We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week to go - trying different area (Parkroyal on Beach)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One week to go - trying different area (Parkroyal on Beach)

So excited, only one week to go until our family trip to Singapore. We usually stay in the Clarke Quay area but as we are travelling with family we have decided to try the Parkroyal on Beach Road this time. We have three rooms booked, and chose this hotel as the rooms seem a little bigger and more able to cope with 2 adults and one child in a room. Will post a review for any other families interested in this hotel.

Plans are to take the kids to the Zoo and Underwater Cove on Sentosa - I have heard that the River Adventure at the zoo is worthwhile too. Any views on this?

Thanks

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,850 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One week to go - trying different area (Parkroyal on Beach)

Hello Jacemme,

Parkroyal on Beach Road is an old hotel and being older, their rooms are bigger than the newer/ newly built hotels. Imo, their location is not really convenient. The nearest MRT line, the Circle Line, is about 5 minutes walk away while the NW line is at Bugis, about 10 minutes walk away without any sheltered walkway. However, there is a bust stop right in front if the hotel. The nearest food outlet is across the road but it is more geared towards nightlife entertainment.

My $0.02.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
19,850 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One week to go - trying different area (Parkroyal on Beach)

Hello,

I stayed in a Deluxe room earlier in the year, and it was quite large, though in need of some modernisation, especially the bathroom. It won't wow you with modern glamour, but the extra space was great. Its not a high rise hotel, so I only had a room on the 2nd floor at the back overlooking nearby construction. Their Swimming Pool area was out of commission for quite a while, but is now open again, and apparently is looking very nice.

I found access a bit tricky there. Ask the concierge desk staff for directions on walking around the side to Nicoll Highway MRT Station, or as SingaporeNancy says, there is a bus stop near the front on Beach road. It was a bit harder to get to Bugis MRT Station as I needed to walk down Beach Road a bit, then climb a lot of steps up and walk across the overpass and down steps again to get across very busy Beach Road, then head towards Bugis MRT. At the end of a busy sightseeing day, those steps wore me out. So, maybe choose a taxi to get back to the hotel.

I hope you and the family have a great time in Singapore, and I look forward to reading your review.

3. Re: One week to go - trying different area (Parkroyal on Beach)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 01, 2015