We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reaching early in Singapore (5 AM).. what to do?

Pune, India
Level Contributor
79 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Reaching early in Singapore (5 AM).. what to do?

Hello all,

I am reaching Singapore at 5 AM. How can I spend time until I check-in at IBIS Bencoolen? I checked with the hotel about early check-in, however they informed check-in time is 2:00 pm.

I have read that Changi airport is a good place to pass time, however will I be able to access all the facilities even after completing my immigration formalities and collecting my checkin baggage?

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reaching early in Singapore (5 AM).. what to do?

U can go to hotel, Check in & Leave Ur luggage with them (even when U cannot go to Ur room until 2pm) & walk to Albert Street Market & Food centre (Behind Ibis Bencoolen) to have Breakfast, then from the bus stop infront of Ibis U take Bus# 131 to check out The Merlion (Before 7.30am - that when the tour coaches arrive).......From here, Take the Morning walk from The Merlion along the Singapore River towards Clarke Quay, check out the various sight along the River & at Clarke Quay MRT, U take it to Little India MRT Station & walk around Little India & last stop at Mustafa for shopping (Open 24hr)...........

Alternatively, after Breakfast, U make Ur way to Singapore Zoo & enjoy. Zoo open at 8.30am.

After Zoo, go check out The River Safari......

How to go zoo: zoo.com.sg/visitor-info/how-to-get-here.html

Alternatively, After U had check in & Leave Ur Luggage at Hotel, go to Sentosa & Enjoy Universal Studios.......

Dun waste time at the Airport when U arrive, cos by the time U reach city it will be around 7.30am........U can start making ur way to the various attraction - which by the time U reach would already open :D......

U Enjoy Changi Airport on ur way back home :D....Just go Airport 3hr before :D

Happy Holiday

Mentioned in this post
Merlion Park
Merlion Park
8,066 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore River
Singapore River
1,639 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Clarke Quay
Clarke Quay
2,838 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Little India
Little India
3,444 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore Zoo
Singapore Zoo
18,743 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Universal Studios Singapore
Universal Studios...
16,566 Reviews
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Pune, India
Level Contributor
79 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reaching early in Singapore (5 AM).. what to do?

Thanks Me^Only :-) ... i guess I would go for the Zoo option.. :D

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reaching early in Singapore (5 AM).. what to do?

U're Welcome.

If U are taking MRT from Changi Airport to Bugis MRT Station, remember the first train leave Changi Airport MRT Station @ 0532am And U need to change to a West Bound Train (Towards Joo Koon / Jurong East / Outram) And U alight at Bugis MRT Station & walk from there:

Train Schedule here: smrt.com.sg/Trains/…ChangiAirportShuttle.aspx

Remember Morning Taxi ride are expensive IMO (when they are only 1 or 2 of U), so maybe U like to use the MRT + Bus options :D.....

MRT to Ang Mo Kio & Bus from there. U can do the same on ur way back to Hotel Or Taxi is an options too...........There is the Ang Mo Kio Mall (AMK Hub) connected to the Bus Terminal; for U to go shopping in or have a meal in & There is a really Big FairPrice Extra Hypermarket at the basement 2 where U can get Water & Snack cheaply (before U go Zoo). It open 07:00 AM- 11:00 PM. U won't be lost using the Bus to zoo, cos it is very obvious to any visitor as U enter road leading to the Main Entrance :D.....

U can check the "Top Questions About Singapore" (Top right hand corner of the forum) under the following Topic on how U can get around using Public Transport like MRT / bus cheaply:

Getting around __________________________

Getting around > From airport

Getting around > MRT, bus, taxi

Cheers

Edited: 9:39 pm, November 30, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Pune, India
Level Contributor
79 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reaching early in Singapore (5 AM).. what to do?

Thanks a lot for the tips :-)

5. Re: Reaching early in Singapore (5 AM).. what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 03, 2014