A HUGE thanks to all those that have already responded to some of my individual posts in this forum and others. it has been a great help in putting our holiday plan together.
Our family (2 adults and 2 kids -4.5 and 6.5) are heading on our first really big overseas trip. 6 nights Singapore, 9 night Penang and 6 nights KL.
Below is an approximate plan of what we are wanting to do in Singapore. It is a little more hectic, and we are planning to really relax once we hit Penang.
- Day 1- Fly from Sydney to KL (overnight in KL airport hotel)
Day 2- KL to Singapore- arrive hotel around 2:30 PM
- Staying at Swissotel The Stamford
- Thinking the kids might want a quick swim in the pool to help with the jet lag and get accustomed to the heat and humidity
- Check our shopping mall below hotel for a late lunch
- Possibly head to Marian bay for night light show
Day 3- Zoo (Thursday 19th Dec)
- Breakfast with the Orang utans at Zoo
- Singapore Zoo (including water play area for kids)
- River Safari
I have a feeling that we will all be exhausted after all of this. Anything else we should be trying to do if we are there?
Day 4- Sentosa (Friday 20th December)
- Marine Life Park
- Possibly Water Park- have heard mixed reviews, especially for younger kids. We are also doing LegoLand water park so might be okay to give it a miss.
- Need suggestions for afternoon/ evening activity if we are around the Sentosa area
Day 5- Orchid Road- (Saturday 21st December)
- Possibly Jurong Bird Park in the morning
- Check out xmas decoration on Orchid Road
- Check out some chopping malls and food halls in area- any specific recommendations are welcome
- Really want to do a steamboat meal with the kids- are they any good ones in this area?
- Should we only go to the Orchid road area in the evening if the xmas decoration are better then???
Day 6- (Sunday 22nd December)
Day 7- (Monday 23rd December)
- Lego Land and Legoland water park
- We are aiming for this to be an entire day/night event, so it will be a quick dinner and bed for the kids that night.
I would really appreciate some comments/ recommendations. Some things that we are wanting to do but not sure when to do them are as follows:
- Gardens by the bay
- Helix Bridge
- Bird Park
- Yum Cha- looking for recommendations