We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining at Raffles

Wigan, Lancashire
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dining at Raffles

Hi,

Stopping in Singapore in July for 3 nights on way to Borneo. Would love to eat at Raffles, prefer more casual dining than the very formal of the restaurants. Can anyone give us any advice on best restaurant to choose and an idea of the price of the menus etc.

Any further info on Singapore and dining recommendations would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining at Raffles

Dining at a grand old luxury Hotel comes with the brand of the Hotel too ^__^.

I would suggest some of this place in CHIJMES, which is only across the road from Raffles Hotel:

(1) Bobby Rubinos

(2) Lei Garden (Good Cantonese food, dim sum & Soup)

Else, U can try the new dining hub on Mount Faber. The Altivo restaurant have good food (Ala Carte menu), Great view & at a slightly higher price for food but worth a visit. U can take a taxi there or take bus#409 from Harbourfront Bus terminal, the bus depart every 30min.

Check out the Glutton bay on The Esplanade too. If U come after 1July, U can also check out the newly revamped Newton Food Centre.

U can also check this website for some great review & Idea:

wineanddine.asiaone.com.sg/gdfd/rests.html

Have a great time.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining at Raffles

Will u be interested in dining in the hotel itself or the compound's dining outlets ? The hotel is linked to its arcade (outer building, courtyard like) and this arcade houses the dining and shopping outlets. I enjoy Seah Street Deli but u may want a more local flavor ?

I will try Doc Cheng's or their chinese restaurant (though this one is really pricey), the bar & billard room is fun and food is pretty good, nice place where it is still casual but u know it is still the Raffles.

I like Ah Teng's for brunch (mix of east and west choices). The courtyard has two places that serves food and drinks, menu items are the usual sandwiches, steaks, seafood, pasta, etc.

as for prices, it varies coz it all depends on what u order coz all these places offer a pretty good selection. I say average per person would be about S$30, u can definitely spend a lot more or a bit less :)

3. Re: Dining at Raffles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 13, 2009