We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa sites in Singapore?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa sites in Singapore?

Hi,

I will travel for work soon and get a visa to Singapore for a few months stay.

On weekends, I am interested in visiting Phuket, Saigon, etc nearby through a regional carrier, as a tourist.. I am not so worried about finding airfare, but moreso on the visa entry requirements which I will not have time to wait for in the USA with my need for my passport.

In Singapore, will it be easy for a holder of US Passport to get visa in person for entry into Vietnam, etc? I don't think I need one for Thailand or Kuala?

Thanks,!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa sites in Singapore?

Hi Halogen,

It shouldn't bee to much of a hassle for you to obtain your visa for travel into Vietnam here in Singapore. But you may want to be prudent and allow at least 3-5 working days for the processing of your visa.

When in Singapore, you can either apply for your visa through the local travel agent or in person at the Vietnamese Embassy here. Address is at 10 Leedon Park, from 9.00AM to 12.00PM (Mon-Fri).

Assuming you're holding a US passport, nope you'll not need a visa to visit Thailand or Malaysia.

Have fun!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa sites in Singapore?

Thanks!

is Leedon anywhere near Orchard/Marina Bay?

I am hoping the company puts me in Shangri-La or Raffles : )

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa sites in Singapore?

Lucky you!

Well Leedon Park is not exactly near Orchard or Marina Bay. It's in the vicinity of Holland Village. Then again, of you take a cab from with of these places to Leedon Park, it probably should approximate $5-$8. After all, we're a really small country ;)