We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CIBT China Visa Scam in Singapore

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
1 post
62 reviews
Save Topic
CIBT China Visa Scam in Singapore

Just wanted to let other travelers know that a company called CIBT operating in Singapore offering China visas engages in dishonest business practice.

In July 2013, I applied for a one year multi-entry F visa for China and I also requested their $200 Singapore dollar Concierge service. As part of the F visa application CIBT offers an Business introduction letter service which I also requested. This cost was $726.

Things started off well with the Concierge filling my application in and meeting me at my place of business to pick up my photo, itinerary, and have me sign my application.

The next day I received an sms notifying me that CIBT's agent could only get me a double entry 30-day visa. I replied during my meetings to ask if it was an F visa, but heard no reply from the 200 dollar Concierge.

The next communication from my specially assigned concierge was that i had successfully been issued with a double entry 30 day F visa, and that my fee would be adjusted accordingly. This is a visa I DID NOT WANT, DID NOT APPLY FOR, AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR. Given my current travel schedule, that visa will last me one month and has taken up one of the 2 final pages in my current passport~!

I was then requested to pay 1,113.78 Singapore dollars for this visa. When I replied that the visa wasn't what I wanted and that I have gone to considerable expense and effort (extra night in Singapore, concierge service, changing flights, etc.) and thus should not be charged such a ridiculously high price, I received no reply whatsoever.

Their excuse for not delivering what they advertise and promise was that I was traveling through Singapore and only had a white immigration slip (just like every other traveler passing through Singapore). They knew this from the outset as I had communicated it to them, AND I had submitted my slip with my other documents to them during the application process.

I paid in full as my concierge made it clear with her behavior that I had no choice as CIBT held my passport.

This kind of service is dishonest, unethical, and most probably illegal.

My advice to all travelers is to steer clear of CIBT and all their related websites unless you also wish to be taken advantage of.

Warmest regards,

Michael from New Zealand

1. Re: CIBT China Visa Scam in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 03, 2014