We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to buy snorkelling gear - goggles and snorkel

sydney
Level Contributor
212 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Need to buy snorkelling gear - goggles and snorkel

Hi We do not have much time to buy snorkelling gear - goggles and snorkel. Can someone be kind enough to advise us where can we buy a standard set (not too cheap). We are staying near Raffles Hotel for one night only before we fly onto our island destination. Many thanks in advance

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to buy snorkelling gear - goggles and snorkel

Have you checked if you can hire them when you get to your island? I hired goggles and a snorkel last year when I went to Redang....and they were fine.

sydney
Level Contributor
212 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to buy snorkelling gear - goggles and snorkel

Yes thank you for replying, they do hire them at Besar but my sister was concerned about hygiene so preferred to buy her own set.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,950 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to buy snorkelling gear - goggles and snorkel

<<my sister was concerned about hygiene so preferred to buy her own set.>>

Very good point, i totally share this point of view.

here are the places to look;

any SPORTS STATION in any city mall (say SUNTEC CITY)

4. Re: Need to buy snorkelling gear - goggles and snorkel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 10, 2014