We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much for a coffee at Changi Airport?

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
How much for a coffee at Changi Airport?

Can anybody tell me how much it costs for a simple lunch and a coffee at changi airport? I don't use a credit card and I want to get just enough singapore dollars while in transit.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much for a coffee at Changi Airport?

Hi Dianne R,

It depends on what you are having for lunch. If you are having local food at the foodcourt and local cafes dotting the airport or the fastfood outlets then it should cost no more than $10. But if you are having lunch at the restaurants or western fare at places like Papamia, Starbucks or Coffee Beans & Tea Leaf then it can come up to $15-$20. A cup of coffee at the local outlets costs between $1.20 to $1.50.

My 2c. Hope this helps...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
236 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much for a coffee at Changi Airport?

I realised you mentioned that you are going to have food in transit area. This should be a little costly compared to other areas of airport. However $20/pax should suffice.

Places such as Killiney Kopitiam / Wang Cafe should give you reasonable local fare at good prices.

Foot court in transit area is more costly but you should still get a decent lunch.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,345 posts
5,582 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much for a coffee at Changi Airport?

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, mentioned by SingaporeNancy, is a good stop. They have good Chai Latte and cakes are very sweet, maybe too sweet for some.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
205 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much for a coffee at Changi Airport?

Change around singapore $30 should be enough for a meal with drinks. There money changing counters in the transit area so you can just bring your home currency. Check for locations of the counters when you arrive.

Edited: 6:36 am, July 01, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
11,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much for a coffee at Changi Airport?

U can have a Good Local Dish like Chicken Rice Or Laksa & a Drink that Won't cost more than S$20 at Prima Taste Kitchen @ Changi Airport Terminal 3:

changiairport.com/shopping-and-dining/dining…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much for a coffee at Changi Airport?

If you seldom pass by Singapore - I would highly (very strongly /extremely) recommend you to sample our local coffee + meal set that is value for money (with money to save for shopping)!

As mentioned by the rest - our local coffee is at least half the price of a Starbucks brewed coffee. Try our coffee with condensed/evaporated milk (or pure black - which is thicker than your usual Starbucks brew).

Our local joints like Wang /Coffee & Toast / Killiney also serves pretty local good meal set with kaya bread toast - since you passing by Singapore - please don't miss the chance to sample our local delights! All for less than S$10 (coffee, bread toast and a meal).

Our local food is equally delicious and value for money - save the money for some sinful shopping therapy (you will be spoilt for choice at Changi Airport)!! Don't miss the chance to excite your tastebud!

Enjoy your time at Changi!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
11,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much for a coffee at Changi Airport?

I still like starbuck HoJi Cha Latte with Bao Or Donut in Terminal 3 & That dun cost more than S$10 :D

Western Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much for a coffee at Changi Airport?

If you are traveling with Singapore airlines you may each be eligible for $40 worth of transit vouchers to spend at the airport. We had great fun spending ours as there were 9 of us. We had drinks, snacks as well as a few souvenirs to take home.

Milton Keynes...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How much for a coffee at Changi Airport?

Can you only use the voucher once at one establishment? So for instance is I was using it to get a $10 meal I would effectively lose the other $30?

Thanks!

Milton Keynes...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How much for a coffee at Changi Airport?

Can the voucher only be used for one purchase?vfor instance if I were to use it on a $10 meal would I lose out on $30?

Thankyou

Edited: 11:02 am, January 05, 2014