We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

olotels.com review

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
olotels.com review

Hi travellers

Anyone book thru olotels.com? I find their price unbelievable cheap! Wonder if its trust-able?

Thank you!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,751 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: olotels.com review

Free cheese is only in the mouse-trap, mind THAT!!!!!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
236 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: olotels.com review

Don't bother about these sites. You don't need to ask us either. Google the name and you can see numerous complaints. There's no free lunch!

My preference is always to book direct.

Edited: 1:45 am, June 28, 2013
aust
Level Contributor
184 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: olotels.com review

Was too good to be true in my case:(

I booked hard rock sentosa as thru olotels it was cheaper and included breakfast for $245aud, only to have them send me a voucher for festive hotel- they blamed system error then tried to charge me an extra $40 to re book my original booking at hard rock!

I requested a refund - hopefully I get it back. I will never book with them again after my experience and their very bad reputation that I learnt of after making my booking

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
65 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: olotels.com review

I booked a night at MIssoni, Edinburgh. No problem at all. I will use them again if the price is right.

5. Re: olotels.com review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:57 am, August 14, 2013
6. Re: olotels.com review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:57 am, August 14, 2013
Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,751 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: olotels.com review

post # 6 - with all contact details etc - self-promotion.

If you check the profile, THEY are trying to cover for the COMPLAINS around the world.

Edited: 7:07 am, August 14, 2013
Mumbai
Level Contributor
2 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: olotels.com review

I know that the prices are just too tempting. But I dont recommend them. I made 2 bookings with them and they claim that the bookings are confirmed but the hotels do not confirm that they have received the bookings.

Eventually the stress was too much and I cancelled the bookings and luckily they refunded my money back to them.

Better to pay more and get some peace of mind.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: olotels.com review

Dear mrijay,

Olotels has a certain number of rooms booked in our partner hotels. The names of the passengers can only be released to the hotel 2 days prior to arrival. It is only normal for the hotel to not have any trace of your name or reservation number when calling them too soon.

We would like to investigate this further! Can you kindly provide our customer service with a contact number? We will then contact you directly about this issue.

We remain at your service for any other information.

Kind regards,

Olotels Team

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,751 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: olotels.com review

<<. It is only normal for the hotel to not have any trace of your name or reservation number when calling them too soon. >>

Really???? Nice practice, i have to admit, especially with so-called CONFIRMED bookings. Guys, with such a reply you are ruining your own business!