We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit Visa for Indian Passport Holder

Adelaide, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Transit Visa for Indian Passport Holder

Hi all,

I am travelling from Melbourne (30th July) to Chennai(4th August) via singapore. Got a transit in singapore for 4 days. And have read that i could avail up to 96 hours of transit visa. But my stay exceeds to 100 hours (including time of departure). Was wondering if i still need to apply for a tourist visa because ill be at Changi Airport before the 96 hours end. Let me know. Thank you!

150 replies to this topic
Hyderabad, India
2 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Transit Visa for Indian Passport Holder

Thank a lot ashks and MRahul. It really helped me.

Kanchipuram, India
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Transit Visa for Indian Passport Holder

i wish to travel from melbourne australia to hyderabad, by jetstar airways to singapore and singapore to hyderabad by tiger airways. on same day connecting will i be requiered to take a visa for this. please guide me.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,546 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Transit Visa for Indian Passport Holder

Hello sonu24,

Yes, you do need a visa as you need to collect your bags upon arrival at T1 and make your way to T2 to check in for your Tiger flight.

Edited: 7:58 pm, January 12, 2014
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,950 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Transit Visa for Indian Passport Holder

Nancy, hi

Can i go the the market on Tram 2 ???

Kanchipuram, India
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Transit Visa for Indian Passport Holder

Thank you for your reply.

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: Transit Visa for Indian Passport Holder

Hi All,

I have 34hours hold at singapore airport for my connecting flight to Melbourne. Do I need transit visa? I am Indian Passport holder. I have no plan for immigration clearance at singapore, I'm staying on the "Changi" terminal. Do I need transit visa? Please help to guide me?

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,546 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Transit Visa for Indian Passport Holder

Hello Mitesh_Sha,

You have 34 hours and you want to remain airside at Changi? Curious, who are you flying in/out with?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,516 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Transit Visa for Indian Passport Holder

If you have 34 hours, by definition you are not in Transit and you are visiting Singapore for 1 day. Your ticket will include airport tax reflecting that you are not in Transit.

Regardless if you somehow manage to stay airside you won't need a visa. If you plan or need to go through immigration to collect checked luggage then you will need a visa obtained before arrival.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,558 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Transit Visa for Indian Passport Holder

As Mankster points out, your stop of 34hours is above the 24hr ceiling for Transit and is stopping in the country. You will be expected by most airlines to enter Singapore for the day. That needs a visa for an Indian national.

If you airline checks you in all the way through then things are more positive - but again that 24hr gap is going ot be a problem for most....you do not mention who you are flying with and that makes a BIG difference.

You may be able to do this with full service airlines that have advance checkin more than 24hrs (I know SIngapore Air does this) and so might therefore be able to make use of their airside transfer desks, but I would check this with the airline to ensure you can do this. Any problems would require you to pass immigration in Singapore which would be difficult to impossible without a visa in place.

I suspect you will need to arrange a visa unless you are lucky or on a few possible exceptions

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
30. Re: Transit Visa for Indian Passport Holder

hi i need visit visa

Reply to: Transit Visa for Indian Passport Holder
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted