We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Attractions/Restaurants

Newcastle, UK
14 posts
Save Topic
Singapore Attractions/Restaurants

Hi all, I'm going to Singapore in September for 3 nights with my wife on our honeymoon and would like to take her to a nice restaurant to celebrate.

I've been looking at booking a table at The Equinox restaurant which looks quite nice, but I'm struggling for other options. Has anyone any other ideas of similar restaurants which I could look at?

Also, as we're only there for 3 nights, does anyone have suggestions for trips/sights which we could go to? There seems to be so many things to do but as we're only there a short time, we'd like to narrow our choices down to a few really good ones.

Thanks

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore Attractions/Restaurants

check the other thread :) posted there

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore Attractions/Restaurants

For sight seeing (Must do), here's my recommendation:

(1) Zoo (Go to the Day zoo, start out as early as the gate open)

www.zoo.com.sg

(2) Sentosa By Cable Car from Mount Faber

www.sentosa.com.sg

(3) Chinatown & Little India.

For more choice, check out www.visitsingapore.com

Cheers......Me^Only

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore Attractions/Restaurants

Well, now you've got two threads running with the same post.

For Singapore, see the official Singapore tourism website:

visitsingapore.com/publish/…index.html

For Langkawi, see the official Langkawi tourism website:

www.mylangkawi.com/

(credit to checkers for that last one: see checker's post at:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k604155-l3617792-Beach_option_for_3_day_rest-Singapore.html)

For a short list of attractions and how to get around, see my post at:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k468…

Also try the TA Search function: it's the white box beside the blue <GO> button. Start with "tourism website" and "what to do" in quotes and go from there.

Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore Attractions/Restaurants

I'd recommend Raffles to eat - dining in the courtyard was one of our most romantic evenings on the trip!

Also really enjoyed the Night Safari - purpose-built with soft lighting and well organised facilities. You get the chance to see the animals up close during the tram ride then by foot at your leisure - walking thru the tropical garden at night was lovely [if u do go - it can be most enjoyable to walk at the later end of the evening after most of the crowd/tours leave. The zoo is open til midnight]. Something quite unique & different to the usual zoo experience.

Singapore
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore Attractions/Restaurants

try Sky dinning? ;p

6. Re: Singapore Attractions/Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 12, 2009