We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How exactly do I get to Pulau Ubin?

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
How exactly do I get to Pulau Ubin?

I am thinking of visiting there at some stage this week, but I am at a loss as to how to get there.

Do I have to go as a group tour? Can I charter my own boat there and back with a sailor?

How long is advised for spending on Pulau Ubin, seeing as I only want to get some photos and videos, and a little walking. I don't want to be there all day.

And what is the state of mosquitoes, snakes etc?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How exactly do I get to Pulau Ubin?

How to get there: (Right hand side of the Page)

www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php…

===> All the way down under "Related Event" This is for Chek Jawa Guided Tour which U can book, according to availability........

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1644875-d…

jeffreyandflora.com/2011/03/day-trippin-pula…

…wordpress.com/2009/…

There are Bicycle for Rent, which U can try...... There are sure Mosquitoes in a Kampong Village Like this But if U have Sunblock with some deet Or Oil to prevent Mozzie, it will be fine. Snake? Did Not see any along the main biking path.

Go early, U can get there by 9.30am, & back to Mainland by 12 or 1pm for Lunch at the Nearby Changi Village for Lunch :D

Edited: 11:05 am, March 17, 2013
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,108 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How exactly do I get to Pulau Ubin?

You can get a ride on a bum boat from Changi Poin Ferry Terminal for $2 or have the boat to yourself for $20 each way. There are plenty of boats at at both points, they go when there are 10 passengers waiting or straight away if you cough up the additional $ to hire one for your exclusive use. I don't think there are any tour groups.

Around 3-4 hours if your cycling ( lots of cycle hire places) and having a meal.

The mosquitos and snakes are pretty healthy, as are the spiders.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,023 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How exactly do I get to Pulau Ubin?

Hi Clackers2011,

Here are the details

http://www.wildsingapore.com/ubin/going.htm

Have fun!

4. Re: How exactly do I get to Pulau Ubin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 19, 2014