We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Grand Prix

Birmingham
Level Contributor
381 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for Grand Prix

My husband and daughter are tacking a few days on to the end of our holiday in Australia, to go to Singapore and see the grand prix in September.

They will be there from the 19th to the 24th.

Although my husband spent some time in Singapore many years ago, I am struggling to make hotel selections. The Holiday Inn Atrium is available for around £150 a night, but the reviews aren't great, and I'm not sure of the location.

I just wondered if anyone has any ideas/recommendations - I don't want to break the bank (as we're already doing that!), but want them to stay somewhere decent.

Thank you :)

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,516 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Grand Prix

It's a decent enough hotel for that price during the f1 period. It's not close to the MRT network, walk bit of a walk back from the MRT station after the race.

Yes there are better hotels closer to MRT station and within walking distance of the circuit but they will cost you more.

I see the Festive Hotel on Sentosa has a 50% off offer on Asia Travel and rooms are available for S$ 200 +tax for the F1 period. I would be jumping all over than offer. It's next to the monorail station for access to ViVo city and the MRT or you you could just walk over the bridge, it's close enough.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Grand Prix

The Residence ay Singapore Recreation club is worth looking at. We just stayed here and found it to be great - check the reviews. I believe it is right on the Grand Prix circuit. They told us you can even see the race from the balcony. The main straight is about a 15 minute walk. This is not a "hotel" there are only 20 something rooms but it has every thing you need and great service and is very close to the MRT.

Edited: 5:05 pm, March 02, 2013
3. Re: Hotel for Grand Prix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 04, 2014