We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2013: Early Bird tickets

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2013: Early Bird tickets

The organisers have announced this. Not sure whether this is useful info [as I am not a fan]:

http://www.singaporegp.sg/index.php

Singapore
Level Contributor
122 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2013: Early Bird tickets

Yes, this is definitely useful information!

Save at least 10% on ticket prices if you buy before 30 April 2013!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2013: Early Bird tickets

As a bit of extra information for people buying tickets - if you want a specific seat within a grandstand you can achieve this buy rining the reservations number.

I called yesterday and was able to pick my row that I wanted to sit in - it was so quick an easy, just as easy as the internet online. The online system is a first-come-first-served option and only allocates the best seat it can find.

So excited - now just the huge WAIT till September!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2013: Early Bird tickets

Am very jealous! For me it's an even longer wait till 2014!

Where are you sitting?

Juliet

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2013: Early Bird tickets

Esplanade Waterfront is the best option I can afford. The views are amazing for the ticket price.

WA
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2013: Early Bird tickets

What was the Esplanade Waterfront viewing like? Which block were you in?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2013: Early Bird tickets

I was going to reply earlier but it slipped my mind. I have been in the Esplanade waterfront before and together with the Stamford it's better of the cheaper Zone 4 grandstands. It is at a slower part of the circuit so you get a much better view of the cars. Block A3 is the best as you can see down most of the straight in front of the Bay Grandstand from the higher number seats on the right of the grandstand. It's quite a hight stand, so don't be tempted to go too high to look over the top of the fencing as the cars go away from you in front of Bay Grandstand as it gets you much further from the cars right in front of the stand.

WA
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2013: Early Bird tickets

Brilliant! Thanks for the info. Just so happened that we booked our tix this morning in the Connaught Stand. Is it too early to start counting down to Sept 2014??!! ;b

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2013: Early Bird tickets

Connaught is pretty good as well, as its at a braking point. I have sat in most of the stands now. In the past I have swapped my Friday and and Saturday tickets with other to get to experience all the stands.

For 2014, bought some tickets in Esplanade, might upgrade them when the main tickets go on sale , if I am feeling flush!

Edited: 10:27 am, October 23, 2013
New Haven...
Level Contributor
286 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2013: Early Bird tickets

@ Manster, So you were able to buy your Esplanade tickets for 2014 already in your desired row? I actually called their customer service department last week and the rep told me that only rows 3-10 were available for Section A3 in Esplanade "as of now". I'm assuming those were the rows that they opened up for the Early Bird Special only (Which expired today).

I originally was looking to sit in Row 28 in section A3 in the last two corner seats (19 & 20), but based off your reply to my post on F1 Fantatic, I've took your suggestion to not sit so high up (I'm assuming rows 15-20 maybe in section A3 would be the sweet spot).

Anyways, were you able to select your own seating or are you sitting in row 3-10 as that was what was available under the early bird special? If not, maybe I need to call back and speak to somebody else.

Finally, how did/do you go about swapping grandstand seats with other spectators? Do you just walk up to people and ask if they want to switch for the day, lol? I'm asking since I'm interested in possibly doing this on Friday and Satuarday so that I can have a different experience every day. I see that they offer a package for a 3 day combo, but those aren't necessarily for the sections of the course that I would want to sit.

Again, thanks in advance

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2013: Early Bird tickets

Hi, yes your right, they only sold up to row 10 at the super early bird price. I am in row 10. And yes I think Row 15 is about perfect. I have a picture from the end of Esplanade A3 showing the view ahead stored somewhere.

I might see if I can change it later to a higher row when the others are released - but at $100 more, I may just stay where I am. For the price its a bit of a bargain. Or I might upgrade to somewhere in T1 or T2.

Just people you meet at the circuit. and get taking F1 to. I have met meet up with people from F1 Fanatic and on this forum and swapped tickets as well. Otherwise keep an eye on eBay as people often sell Friday tickets if they are only able to get to Singapore for the weekend.

Edited: 2:48 pm, October 31, 2013