We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Zoo / Tiger Balm Gardens

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Singapore Zoo / Tiger Balm Gardens

I am going to be in Singpore for 2 full days on a stop over and would like to do the Singapore Zoo and Tiger Balm Gardens... not knowing how big these places are how long do you suggest i will need to do them comfortably and get the most from them... I am thinking about the Bird Park and night safari too ...

Im not a teenager with endless energy and at 50 i would not say I was exceptionally fit....

If anyone has any advise I would be very grateful:)

Thank you

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Singapore Zoo / Tiger Balm Gardens

Thank you for all your advise:).... I will taxi and just take my time and enjoy

Kind regards

Varina

singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Singapore Zoo / Tiger Balm Gardens

you can consider going slightly later for the singapore zoo. Probably at about 12 and continue your journey to night safari which is just beside it. Singapore zoo is one of the world class zoo in the world. if you have time, visit jurong bird park on another day too.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,107 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Singapore Zoo / Tiger Balm Gardens

Sorry thats one thing I don't advocate - the zoo needs a good full day, especially for first time visitors and those who are not used to the climate. To then go onto the Night Safari can be very tiring (not to mention animal overload) and being over-tired at the Night Safari is one way to wreck it.

No point saving on the taxi fare to waste the entrance fee.

I could easily have done the above while I was living in Singapore (well apart from the Night Safari didnt exist then), because I was fully acclimatised and I didnt spend anything like as much time at places as compared to when I visit as a tourist. This is partly being able to go round faster and partly because I knew I could always come back another day to see what I missed, allowing me to dash in for an afternoon rather than need to make the most of the attraction.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Singapore Zoo / Tiger Balm Gardens

The zoo takes most of a day to really see it all and I also suggest the night tour,Haw par villa is fantastic,i went about three years ago and they slowly doing it all back up,replacing and redoing the painting ten courts of hell is a must do,good couple of hours and both need a few hundred photos taken

Edited: 10:23 pm, May 28, 2013
Singapore, null...
3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Singapore Zoo / Tiger Balm Gardens

singapore zoo and Tiger Balm Gardens are very difference types of attractions i hope you know that :) Zoo would take 5 hours and Tiger Balm 3.

16. Re: Singapore Zoo / Tiger Balm Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 31, 2014