We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Stop Near MacRitchie Reservoir

Dublin
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Stop Near MacRitchie Reservoir

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the best way to get to MacRitchie Reservoir, but what I am not sure of is, what is the nearest bus stop to the entrance? I can't really see on any of the maps where the entrance is. I gather from my research that it is a bit of a walk from Marymount MRT, I'd prefer to keep my energy for walking inside the park!

Any help would be appreciated.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Stop Near MacRitchie Reservoir

The closest is the one just at the intersection of Thomson and Lornie roads. If you're coming from the Novena/ Newton area, it will be after the traffic light as you turn into the intersection, with the reservoir right in front of you. Here are detailed directions and bus number guide: www.myonlinetour.com/poi/macritchie/index.htm

Dublin
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Stop Near MacRitchie Reservoir

Ah ok, I was starting to think it was further along Lornie Road. I am actually coming from JB, across the causeway and am trying to figure out if I should get the MRT or the 170...still not decided.

Thanks for your help

Singapore
Level Contributor
122 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Stop Near MacRitchie Reservoir

You can take #170 from Larkin bus terminal, and switch to bus #74 or #157 along Bukit Timah Road. Both buses will take you straight to the bus-stop mentioned by BornVivant at the entrance to the park.

Dublin
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Stop Near MacRitchie Reservoir

Ah, just a few days to late, I got the 950 from Woodlands checkpoint to Marsling, and the MRT from Marsling to Bishan, and then the 156 from Bishan to the 51069 stop outside Mt Alernia Hospital.

I will try your route next time, two buses would be better, and I'm a bit more comfortable with the buses now, its great all the stops have numbers & names to help me figure out where to get off!!

Thanks for you help :)

Dublin
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Stop Near MacRitchie Reservoir

Also, in case it helps anyone in the future, I found the best tool to help plan the journey was transitlink.com.sg/eservice/how2go/h2g.php . I found other sites very difficult to work with

6. Re: Bus Stop Near MacRitchie Reservoir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 21, 2014