We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiong Bahru

London, United...
Level Contributor
875 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Tiong Bahru

My wife and I have wandered around the estate many times and yearn to see inside an apartment. We love the area. My wife and I are just nosey.

We do not know any residents but wondered whether there are any open days or any other ways of seeing inside one?

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiong Bahru

Er noo..... The only thing I can suggest is the Internet. Some places that were renovated have been featured in magazines, maybe you can find some. Otherwise if you go cosy up to folks around there you might brazenly ask and who knows...?

London, United...
Level Contributor
875 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiong Bahru

Thanks ......

Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiong Bahru

Well you can try to asked alvin

http://www.tiongbahru.sg/index.aspx?pid=11698

I do know him personally and he is quite nice. You could tell him you could just tag along when he have any viewings for his properties and he might be ok with that.

Many of them have been renovated.... And many rented by expats. Hope this help

4. Re: Tiong Bahru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, February 08, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiong Bahru

This is what you can do - spot any apartments undergoing renovations and if you are lucky the contractors will let you in (which I did)!

Of course, the next best thing is to have a resident welcome you without you asking - well just ask and see how it goes.

Glad you enjoy TB. Post your reviews on TB attraction! =) Did you sample the many food in the area?

London, United...
Level Contributor
875 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tiong Bahru

Many thanks.

Funnily enough his site comes up when you google and I toyed with the idea of making contact ... but you saying he is an approachable character has spurred me on. Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
875 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tiong Bahru

Yes .... we always go to the market .... only been there at lunch. I'll try the renoation idea next time. Thanks.

Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tiong Bahru

Well alvin stays in tiong baru himself. And he was bought up there. And he have a passion for that place. Thats why he also have a blog on tiong baru.

London, United...
Level Contributor
875 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tiong Bahru

Thanks .... I sent him a message .... I'll report back my progress.

10. Re: Tiong Bahru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 11, 2014