We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jetski or similair, amongst others

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
jetski or similair, amongst others

Hi

Does anyone know of anywhere to rent jet skis or similair in Singapore or sentosa?

Also can anyone recommend any night time activities that are worth

A look?

Finally I know alcohol is on average more expensive than UK but is there any paticular places that are cheaper than the majority?

Random questions I know but thanks in advance

LAS

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,771 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jetski or similair, amongst others

I don't thnk there is anywhere in Singapore where you can easily rent one as a power boat licence is required to operate one in Singapore. Most Singaporeans would head to Bantam or Bintan I think.

Alcohol is bar is around the same as London West End hotel bar prices. Cheaper ( sometimes half price) at lunch time and happy hours, and also at hawker centres.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jetski or similair, amongst others

No but plenty of wakeboarding in East Coast Park, e.g.

http://www.ski360degree.com/

Cheapest place for a beer is a hawker centre. Otherwise as mentioned hit the bars during happy hour.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jetski or similair, amongst others

Ok thanks people. What about quad bikes as an alternative?

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jetski or similair, amongst others

LASDEPT,

I do not think ATV is even legal in Singapore! Anyone knows different?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jetski or similair, amongst others

I think singapore yacht club have jet skis... but u will need powered pleasure craft license to ride one..

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: jetski or similair, amongst others

I wouldn't think of Singapore as a "watersport" sort of vacation. While it does have Sentosa beach, it is not that nice of a beach. Singapore is a shipping port, and while it is a beautiful city, the beach is not its strongpoint. ATV'? I don't think they have that either. You could dragon boat. Hiking, or biking on Pulau Ubin.

Alcohol is expensive. Hawker stands are probably one of the best spots. Or, buy it at duty free on your way in. Many people take a bottle of wine and sit outside along the Quays and drink it.

7. Re: jetski or similair, amongst others

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:24 am, February 03, 2015
8. Re: jetski or similair, amongst others

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:23 am, February 03, 2015
9. Re: jetski or similair, amongst others

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 24, 2014