We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from singapore airport to singapore seaport

Billingham, United...
1 post
Save Topic
transfer from singapore airport to singapore seaport

What is the best way to travel from airport to seaport and how much will it cost?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer from singapore airport to singapore seaport

Are U taking a cruise?

If U are, there are 2 Cruise Center in Singapore

(1) Singapore Cruise Center

(2) Marina bay Cruise Center.

Changi Airport to either Cruise Center is easier by Taxi.

This is a Taxi Fare Calculator for U to estimate:

taxisingapore.com/external/…

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
605 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer from singapore airport to singapore seaport

Hi,

Question for Me Only:

We are arriving at Singapore Cruise Center at 0600 on Dec. 23rd (Monday) and have a flight out of Singapore Airport (SIN) at 12:55 PM.

Viator.com (private transportation company) is charging approx. $20-$25 per person for transfer from airport to cruise ship center. I'm assuming this will be the cost for reverse trip as well because they do not have cruise center - airport option.

For taxi service, I'm assuming there's no difference in price going from cruise terminal to airport or vice versa other than surcharge (if you're going to city center). Is that correct?

Based on the above referenced taxi fare calculator, it shows cost of approx. US$18.57.

Are taxis readily available at the cruise ship terminal and at the early morning hours?

Are taxis allowed into the terminal or do we have to walk to outside terminal gate to catch taxi?

Also any problem with disreputable taxis or privates taxis like in Vietnam or all the taxis regulated by a transportation authority. I'm assuming all the taxis have meters.

I understand US dollars are acceptable at the the large retail outlets. What about taxi cab fare - Singapore dollars only?

Do taxis accept credit cards?

On the assumption that we cannot get off the ship until 8:00 AM, and we have to be at airport for 2 to 3 hours before boarding time, do you have any recommendations on how to spend a couple of hours?

Is there anything at the airport except the usual shopping and food outlets?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Harry

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
605 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer from singapore airport to singapore seaport

Hi Again Me Only,

Another question: Do you know if there is a foreign exchange booth at the cruise ship terminal or close by or would you recommend we just obtain Singapore dollars before we get to Singapore?

Do you know if airport terminal retail outlets and restaurant accept US$ or is Singapore dollar and credit cards the only option?

Thanks again.

Harry

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,215 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer from singapore airport to singapore seaport

Taxis are all metered. There meter will show all charges and total it up at the end. (There are lots of different onesand it get complicated but the meter shows them all automatically). plus there is the Electronic road pricing surcharges which also shows separately on the taxis incar unit. It should cost around $22 from the Marina Cruise Terminal and a little more from Harbour Front to the airport. Both terminals have taxi ranks and taxi drivers know when ships berth.

Taxis will only accept Singapore Dollars. Yes there is a currency exchage at the terminals as well as ATMs.

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
605 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer from singapore airport to singapore seaport

Thanks Mankster!

Hellevoetsluis, The...
Level Contributor
69 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transfer from singapore airport to singapore seaport

Just a word of advice, when we arrived in Singapore in April from Azamara Journey (650 passengers) it seemed as though everyone on the ship was in line for a taxi. There was an enormous queue but eventually we got one, if I were you I would look at the possibility of booking a day room at a hotel ( I think Conrad does this because a lot of people from our cruise who were flying out late in the evening had one ) or try to find a left luggage and then spend the day sightseeing.

Rosalyn

7. Re: transfer from singapore airport to singapore seaport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 08, 2014