We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 4 wanting a good hotel in Singapore

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Family of 4 wanting a good hotel in Singapore

Planning our next family holiday in October and we wanted to add Singapore as a 6 night stop over on the way home. Accommodation seems very hard to get for 4 people staying in the same room. Our children are 5 & 8 and we don't feel comfortable in separate rooms. Can anyone recommend some hotels that are not ridiculous in price

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Family of 4 wanting a good hotel in Singapore

We stayed at Holiday Inn Orchard Road in October with a room with 2 double beds. We are a family with two teenagers 14 and 16. I emailed the hotel directly. Good location too.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Family of 4 wanting a good hotel in Singapore

Thanks everyone for your feedback, I will head to the travel agent with your suggestions. It's great to hear from people that have stayed in the hotels / cities.

Edited: 6:03 am, February 13, 2013
Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Family of 4 wanting a good hotel in Singapore

I can highly recommend Swissotel Merchant Court. We had 2 adults, 2 kids and a baby. The kids loved the place and the hotel bent over backwards to make their stay special, including special extras for the kids. I had problems booking the kids special via their website, but have written in my review how to book it in order to get the kids interconnecting room half price.

My review is here:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g294265-d…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Family of 4 wanting a good hotel in Singapore

Hi,

check out the Swiss Hotel, Merchant Court, they have a deal at the moment for 50% off the second room. (connecting rooms). Some are set up for kids.

W

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,822 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Family of 4 wanting a good hotel in Singapore

<<Merchant Court, they have a deal at the moment >>

Correction: they have THIS deal 365 days a year.

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Family of 4 wanting a good hotel in Singapore

Marina Bay Sands also allow 2A/2C in their rooms with 2 double beds. Prices are on the higher side, but you can get some good deals through the hotel website and mailing list. We did 1 night MBS and 4 nights SMC. The switch was very easy by taxi and it meant we got to tick the MBS box (which I'm very glad we did) before paying less at SMC for the bulk of our stay. I would do the same again; the MBS rooftop pool was a spectacular welcome to Singapore on our first night and my 11yo loved the Chocolate Bar.

Edited: 11:49 am, February 13, 2013
17. Re: Family of 4 wanting a good hotel in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 15, 2014