We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange money-near Carlton-or airport?

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange money-near Carlton-or airport?

Hi there I will be tomorrow morning at the airport and heading for carlton.i have singaporinian money worth around 10 euros..

1)I think that's not enough to go to carlton for 2 persons right?

2)should I exchange at the airport and in which booth?(if there is a difference since the airport rates must be same I guess).

3)In carlton what's a nearest exchanger mor money?

4I don't have breakfast included the price I think was to high(27 euros pp),any suggestion near carlton?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange money-near Carlton-or airport?

Hi there I will be tomorrow morning at the airport and heading for carlton.i have singaporinian money worth around 10 euros..

1)I think that's not enough to go to carlton for 2 persons right?

===> More than enuff for MRT But Not Taxi

===> U r about S$2 short of Shuttle charge (S$9 each / S$18 for 2)

===> Taxi estimate about S$24.00 (Including Airport Surcharges & ERP surcharges etc).

Taxi Fare calculator here:

taxisingapore.com/external/…

2)should I exchange at the airport and in which booth?(if there is a difference since the airport rates must be same I guess).

===> Just change S$50 to cover taxi & food. Then U change all in town.

===> Airport Exchange rate & Hotel Exchange Rate are Higher compare to anywhere in town (independent Money Changer).

3)In carlton what's a nearest exchanger mor money?

===> There are Money Changer on Victoria Street & Bras Basah Complex behind Hotel.

===> I still find it better walk to Peninsula Plaza (Many $$ changer here inside the shopping first level <== Google for directions).

Check each place rate & change.

4I don't have breakfast included the price I think was to high(27 euros pp),any suggestion near carlton?

===> Right behind Carlton At Bras Basah Complex (Facing Victoria Street), there is a Food court. Else, walk to Raffles City Shopping, There is a McDonald right at the Main entrance to City Hall MRT)

Else, Basement of Raffles City Shopping have more options Like Toast Box for Local Toast, coffee/tea & soft boil egg. And there is the bakery next to it, not to mention Subway & KFC nearby.

It simply whole basement of Food & a Supermarket :D

Edited: 12:10 am, January 30, 2013
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange money-near Carlton-or airport?

All the side streets behind Raffles Hotel (Seah St, Purvis St etc) have lots of coffee shops with local breakfast. If you want something more high end, there's Dome at Singapore Art Museum and another brunch place at the back of the same museum facing Waterloo St. All these within 10 minutes' walk of your hotel. Face it, in Singapore you will not starve!

Ten euros is not enough. Change money at the airport, about €50-100 and when you need more go to a moneychanger. There's one in basement of Raffles City and tons in Chinatown where you will get better rates and no commission.

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange money-near Carlton-or airport?

Thank you people..I am sorry if my questions were not very clear but I see you understand everything I wanted to ask...thanks a lot

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange money-near Carlton-or airport?

Hi

Yes, I agree that you should just change the equivalent of S$50 at the airport to cover taxi & food. The airport is really the last place you'd want to have your money changed.

Another money changer option is at Marina Square shopping centre which is 10-15mins walk from Carlton. (Think its called Fountain Wealth) and there's really long queue for that money changer. I personally think the rates are more or less the same at most places.

As for breakfast, you don't have to worry at all. The options are endless for you. Carlton is in a very very good location and you have options with 360 degrees surrounding you all from cheap eats to premium restaurants.

I do suggest you try what the locals here usually eat for bfast and yes Toast Box is a good place. Try kaya buns, butter toast and soft boiled eggs with soy sauce (although I know in Europe uncooked eggs are questionable hee).

Safe travels & I do hope u will enjoy your stay in Singapore.

5. Re: Exchange money-near Carlton-or airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 01, 2014