We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore + Hong Kong

New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Singapore + Hong Kong

What could be a good itinerary of things to do and places to explore in Singapore (3 nights) and Hong Kong (2 nights). We are two families travelling first time from Delhi (India) with 3 children - two 11 years and one 16 years of age. Holiday dates 10 june to 15 june 2013. Please also suggest some good yet economical 4 star hotels for stay in SIN & HKG. Should we opt for B&B or Half Board plan (including dinner)? We are going to take the Disneyland Tour in HKG for children. Also, the private return airport transfers to and from hotel at both places seem quite expensive. Is there a convenient and comfortable alternative to reduce this cost? We are not budget travellers yet dont want to splurge excessively! Thanks in advance for help.

Edited: 11:30 am, January 21, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore + Hong Kong

Just visit one place. Either Singapore or Hong Kong (+Macau).

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,934 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore + Hong Kong

Better hire a travel agent to do all the work for you..................we, here on TA, are dealing with the matters when people wish to plan THEIR own itineraries and be creators of their OWN plans. We do not produce solutions on the spoon.......................

New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore + Hong Kong

@Schonefeld: thanks for your frank advice and I understand and agree with you. Infact I had made an itinerary of 'MY OWN' in consultation with a travel agent before posting my Q here for the TA experts to comment on.

Thank you Sanjeev for the advice. Let me think about that option after couple more advices from TA experts.

Would be great if any (encouraging) TA expert can advise if the below itinerary is workable. I was basically looking for ideas for sightseeing/city tours as have no idea what all to cover in the given time. Thanks again.

Hotels I have been suggested to consider are:

V Lavender Hotel, Singapore/ Gallery Hotel, Singapore

Stanford Hillview/ Newton Hongkong

Day 1

Arrive In SIN

Check-in at hotel - 2pm

Half day city tour

Dinner at hotel

Day 2

Breakfast at hotel

Sightseeing

Dinner at hotel

Day 3

Breakfast at hotel

Sight Seeing

Dinner at hotel

Day 4

Breakfast at hotel/At leisure until check out by 12 noon

Approx 4 hours Flight to HKG

Arrive in HKG by evening/trf to hotel/evening at leisure/dinner

Day 5

Breakfast at hotel

Hong Kong Disneyland Tour Package

Dinner at hotel

Day 6

Breakfast at hotel

at leisure until check out by 12 noon

Flights back to DEL

Edited: 12:07 pm, January 21, 2013
Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,934 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore + Hong Kong

su-Xena,

I kindly hope you understand that we comment only SIN part of your plan, the HKG forum will gladly accommodate the rest..............

1/ V Lavender is a solid choice for hotel, VERY conveniently located, smaller rooms - but that`s expected from 3 star in SIN.

2/ to give * more flesh* to your <<Sight Seeing>> ideas in SIN , please check:

yoursingapore.com

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294265-Activiti…

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,771 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore + Hong Kong

Hello, you have a lot of things to do and to see in Singapore and the link to the Singapore Tourism Board website provided by Schonefeld is very helpful www.yoursingapore.com

You may spend 1-2 days at Sentosa the leisure island: Singapore Universal Studios, Images of Singapore, ...: http://www.sentosa.com.sg/en/

Your children should love Sentosa especially Universal Studios.

Singapore has also a very nice zoo and an unique night zoo called Night Safari, they are 2 distinct attractions. The Jurong Bird Park is nice, Orchid gardens is also nice to visit.

You may also visit ethnic districts like chinatown, kampong glam (malay district), little india.

Marina Bay is a great place to visit with merlion, esplanades, singapore flyer, skypark on top of marina bay sands, gardens by the bay.

Orchard Road is the shopping belt with malls along the avenue. Bugis market is interesting to visit.

IMO you won't be able to visit all and you shouldn't try to see everything as your party will end rushing all the place. You may consider selecting the places you really want to go and take your time to visit them.

Edited: 1:39 pm, January 21, 2013
New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore + Hong Kong

Thanks huow for such helpful suggestions. this is what I was looking forward to.

Thanks Schonefeld for your contribution.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,934 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore + Hong Kong

you`re welcome... happy planning!!! further question are welcome too............

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,046 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Singapore + Hong Kong

For so short a stay I'd spend it all in one or the other. Just consider the hours wasted, the day of travelling from one to the other centred almost entirely on catching a flight, packing, unpacking, travelling between the cities to and from airports, flight delays maybe. and only 5 nights stay!

All that and you have through local orientation TWICE in 5 days?.

Not for me, ''do less see MUCH more'', that's my motto.

Good luck whatever you decide. Alan

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Singapore + Hong Kong

Just looking over your itinery, it looks doable. Whilst spending 5 days in one location is obviously easier and cheaper, spending a couple of days at each place allows you to see more of the world. For such a short trip, do the following -

Find a very central hotel, and don't waste your precious time on taxis, buses or other transport. Not the Gallery Hotel. V Lavender is near the MRT, but I would actually suggest somewhere even more central, near some malls, food courts and nightlife. In Hong Kong, Stanford is much more central than Newton.

Secondly, don't spend all your time eating in your hotel. Both Singapore and Hong Kong are famous for good food eating out cheaply. You'll get good quality cheap food for breakfast, lunch and dinner anywhere on the street 24 hours a day, meaning you save money, get to see more of the city, and try out more of the local delicacies.

10. Re: Singapore + Hong Kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 26, 2014