We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dorsett Hotel

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dorsett Hotel

Can anyone please give me information on the rating of the Dorsett Hotel near Chinatown. I notice it is new so there are no reviews as yet. will appreciate some feedback.

Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dorsett Hotel

We are booked in to the Dorsett for 8 days in May. We are regular visitors to Singapore and always looking for new hotels to try out. Does anyone know when the Dorsett actually opens?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,970 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dorsett Hotel

I suppose they already accept reservations for April 2013.

zeehan,

I share your passion for the new hotels as well.

Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dorsett Hotel

Schonefeld, we stayed at the Park Avenue Rochester in November, have you tried that one? It is a very comfortable business hotel, out of the way a bit, so not really suitable for first timers. But we enjoyed being surrounded by the greenery, and the MRT was only a short walk away so really, you can easily get to any part of Singapore. Nothing like the hotels of years gone by though, when every hotel was 5* and you didn't have to take out a mortgage to pay for it. Oh for those days!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,970 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dorsett Hotel

Park Avenue Rochester, indeed looks nice

http://www.parkavenuerochester.com/location

The facilities descriptions tells that they have a pool, but on the gallery in can not find how it looks like. Location is a bit far from happening places to my taste......

Jakarta
Level Contributor
70 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Dorsett Hotel

hello all,

tried few shoots on asiatravel.com & hotels.com, yupp... dorsett is receiving bookings...! and through hotel itself.

more info, pleas anyone, what to eat around & supermarket around ? thank youuu...

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,970 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Dorsett Hotel

bella_sigar,

you can e-mail to the hotel directly, they`ll gladly answer you.

Email: info.singapore@dorsetthotels.com

Jakarta
Level Contributor
70 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Dorsett Hotel

thx Schonefeld...

I'll try to contact them..

Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Dorsett Hotel

I will send them a few questions about their 2 Opening Promo Specials. Will see what they come back with as not allot of photos or detailed info on Dorsett website.

I have been seriously racking my brain trying to determine the most appropriate hotel for us in SIN. We are Canadians with Sticker Shock who need "clean - price - location - internet - breakfast". Same as all other biz or leisure travelers.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
12 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Dorsett Hotel

Going to SIN in May and booked the Dorsett. From its web site, SIN$199/night. Pictures look nice. Brand new. Just opened a couple weeks ago. MRT station is underneath. Will write a review after my stay.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Dorsett Hotel

Strait_Forward, suggest you omit "breakfast" from that list. It will make your hotel bill easier to stomach (sorry, bad pun) and it is so easy to eat outside at a local cafe which will be much much cheaper while offering fantastic new tastes to your experiences in Singers. Dorsett is in Chinatown, where there are any number of cafes on every street, you'll eat well any time of day and night.