We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore visit

UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore visit

We will be going to Singapore for the first time in June. Is 14 days to long and should i try a two centre holiday. Any suggestions would be most welcome

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,970 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore visit

<<Is 14 days to long and should i try a two centre holiday. >>

IMO 14 days is a perfect timing to explore SIN, especially for the first - timers.

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore visit

14 days is an extremely long time to be staying in Singapore. I suggest you take a 1 day tour to Batam (Indonesia) and maybe a 4D3N to Malacca, Kuala Lumpur and Genting in Malaysia.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,925 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore visit

Its only a long time because most people have it marketed to them as a stopover destination for a few days and so stay short periods, its not a reflection on what the city can offer and so the potential for a longer stay.

For a first time visitor the city is quite capable of supporting a 14 day stay - actually scrub that - I'll say it can support 14 days for anyone who wants to see a lot of the city. I would happily spend that much time there. obviously if you start listing the attractions and they dont interest en masse then you'll end up spending to o lng but thats true for any destination no matter how busy.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,709 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore visit

Hello,

Depends on what sort of traveller you are. Some people say they have "done" Singapore on a 2 night stopover and think there is no need to return. Myself and many of the other regulars on this forum like to take their time and wander around exploring particular areas and venture away from the main sights, and happily use up that time.

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,772 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore visit

I would be happy to stay 2 entire weeks in Singapore. There are so much to see and to do. And Singapore is changing so fast: year after year there are more more things to see.

Though there are so many terrific destinations to visit in South East Asia - Singapore being among them - and not enough time to visit them all. It is a pity to travel thousands of miles from Europe and restricting to only one destination...

If it is your first time in South East Asia you may consider staying one week in Singapore and one week in another destination.

One week in Singapore should be ok to cover the main "must do" and scratch the surface.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
115 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore visit

Are you travelling with kids? i have been in Singapore for the past month and yet I have not done everything.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
507 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore visit

the longest for me is 3 nights :P

If you have that long period, try to get things slow

Visit some zoos, they have 3-4 zoos and parks to visit.

Shopping, they have 3-4 places such as Suntec, Orchard, China Town, Little India

Eat, many fancy restaurants

Amusement, Universal Studio, Marina Bay Sand, Sentosa, Resort World

Night Life : Clark Quay

City Tour, by bus or boat.

you can search for the information on GG :)

8. Re: Singapore visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 11, 2014