We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Views Over Singapore

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Views Over Singapore

Hi,

Just wondering where the best place to see the awesome views of Sinagapore would be, particularly at sunset? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,004 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Views Over Singapore

Top of Swissotel Stamford @ City Hall.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Views Over Singapore

I would like to add a few more...

- Marina Bay Sands Skypark,

- Marina Barrage - you won't actually see the sun set from this place, however, some great views of Singapore's downtown in twilight are on offer. Nice place to take pictures

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,004 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Views Over Singapore

Oh I agree Marina Barrage looking back to Singapore during sunset is really nice too.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Views Over Singapore

I have seen 3 :

1. Marina Bay sands roof top - around S$20 if you don't sit for dinner at Ku De tha, no pool access

2. Singapore Flyer - around S$30 for half an hour - more interesting during the day when you can pin point at locations with the map given.

3. I personally liked this one - 1Altitude Bar & Gallery - S$20 for entry & one drink ... Amazing views from the gallery and nice band playing near you. You may check my review of the same.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Views Over Singapore

Ride on ''The Singapore Flyer'' at sunset, it's a lovely experience, you can see the sunset, as long as it's not cloudy, and watch the city's lights come on..

Alan

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,689 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Views Over Singapore

Pinnacle @ Duxton

Edited: 3:03 am, December 28, 2012
Singapore
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Views Over Singapore

Note that for visiting Pinnacle @ Duxton you need to have EZ Link card (1 per visitor) as the payment of S$ 5 per person can be done through EZ Link card only.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Views Over Singapore

Thanks everyone for your replies.You've certainly given me a number of options to choose from :-)

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,769 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Views Over Singapore

The view from the observation deck at MBS is beautiful especially at night with all the city lights. You may go there before sunset to enjoy the view at day light and then at night. You can stay there as long as you want but your are subject to weather.

Doing the flyer both on day light and at night need need good timing. If you are flying with Singapore airlines or Silk Air, bring your boarding passes to get a discount.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Views Over Singapore

Thanks, huow.