We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me Plan our trip..Dec 21st - Dec 25

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me Plan our trip..Dec 21st - Dec 25

Day 1 Dec 21st

Check-in V Hotel

We are lending at 1:35 pm so I would say 3 pm?

Night Safari

Day 2 Dec 22nd

Sentosa - Cable Car

Universal Studio

Day 3 Dec 23rd

Zoo and Bird park

Day 4 Dec 24th

Botanic Garden

Please let me know your thought...

Thanks

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me Plan our trip..Dec 21st - Dec 25

Zoo takes most part of the day and bird park takes atleast half a day so zoo and bird park on the same day is not possible.

You can visit the Botanic Garden on the morning of Day 4 and then to the Bird Park reaching there like 11-ish.

Day 2 Sentosa and USS on the same day....mmmm???. If you are particularly fond of theme park rides, then you may want to spend a good part of the day at USS. That will leave you a few hours in the later afternoon and evening to see the rest of Sentosa. It will be very tight but is possible if you want to see only limited things on Sentosa. Although it costs $S50 per person, it may be a good idea to go for Express Pass at the USS as it will cut down your waiting time dramatically. Also, at this time of the year, the USS will be crowded so waiting times in normal queue may be more than an hour for the popular rides.

Depending on what your liking is, you may also consider skipping the bird park and giving a full day for USS (on Day 4).

Edited: 12:07 am, December 20, 2012
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,023 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me Plan our trip..Dec 21st - Dec 25

Hi,

Day 1 is fine.

Day 2 - agreed with MRahul. Very tight. You may also want to catch the Crane Dance at night.

Day 3 impossible. I suggest you just spend the day at the zoo and followed by some shopping or exploring at Marina Bay.

Day 4 Botanic Gardens and Bird Park. You still have the evening to plan. Personally I will avoid Orchard Road On Christmas eve, too crowded. But if you do not mind the crowd then, by all means, go and experience Orchard Road on Christmas Eve.

My 2c. Hope it helps......

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me Plan our trip..Dec 21st - Dec 25

Thanks everyone....Day 2 my plan is to just take the cable car to sentosa and then just take the whole day for Universal studio. I also wanted to do the city tour any recommendation as what day should I plan this activity?

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,023 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me Plan our trip..Dec 21st - Dec 25

In that case Day 2 is fine too. You can still catch the Crane Dance as it is at night before you head back to the mainland.

What time are you leaving on the 25th?

Edited: 1:14 am, December 20, 2012
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me Plan our trip..Dec 21st - Dec 25

What kind of city tour do you have in mind? Bus tour or just free and easy walking tour?

I guess you might not be interested in exploring Sentosa, so your Day 2 is fine.

You would have to push back your Bird Park visit to Day 4 though, as the zoo will take up most of your time and those 2 attractions are quite far apart.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me Plan our trip..Dec 21st - Dec 25

I would do the city tour and yes I can skip the bird park all together..

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help me Plan our trip..Dec 21st - Dec 25

Updated Plan:

Day 1 Dec 21st

Check-in V Hotel

We are lending at 1:35 pm so I would say 3 pm?

Night Safari

Day 2 Dec 22nd

Sentosa - Cable Car No theme parks

Universal Studio - Most of the day

Day 3 Dec 23rd

Zoo

Day 4 Dec 24th

City Tour by Bus - Botanic Garden may be

Please let me know your thought...

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,023 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help me Plan our trip..Dec 21st - Dec 25

Hi again,

Your itinerary is fine. But like I said earlier, you can include a few more places to visit for nights of Days 3 and 4. The zoo will take up most of Day 3 while both the city tour and botanic garden with take up Day 4, leaving both nights free for you to plan other things to do. Have a look at this for some ideas for city tours.

http://www.citytours.sg/

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help me Plan our trip..Dec 21st - Dec 25

One more question our flight is not until 9 PM on DEC 25th, so we will need to plan something for the XMAS day as well we are also checking out by 12 pm on 25th...

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,499 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help me Plan our trip..Dec 21st - Dec 25

Check out early, just after breakfast - any good hotel will hold your bags until flight time. THen go to whichever attraction you choose and head back to the hotel to go to the airport around 5pm. Gives plenty fo time to get there and check in plus some time wandering Changi airport.

You dropped the Bird Park from the initial Itinerary, it would fit the time slot fairly easily but mean you didnt have to rush either to or from the attraction or to the airport.