We will be visiting Singapore in August and staying at the Shangri-la and here are a few questions if anyone could help:
1) All the good reviews are from those who have stayed at the Garden or Valley Wings. We are staying at the Tower Wing, how does that compare to the others?
2) We'd like to go to the Long Bar at Raffles. Our children are 11 and 17, are they allowed in? I read that dress code is casual. Is that smart casual or casual casual,ie sleeveless top, shorts and sandals ok?
3) Is there a "going-rate" on gratuities? How much should we tip taxi-drivers, waiters and hotel staff?
4) My cousin suggests we go to the East Coast for seafood (we love steamed fish and shell fish). Any restaurant in particular?
5) We will be visiting Hong Kong as well and have read about Hui Lau Shan for dessert. Any equivalents in Singapore? My daughter loves mango pudding but has never tried durian.