We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

singapore hotel for 1 adult and 3 children

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
singapore hotel for 1 adult and 3 children

Hi looking at staying in sing for 1 night before going to kl via bus/train or outstation taxi. which hotel in orchard road is best ie one that has 2 double beds pref for 4 to 5 star non smoking good position for shopping dont care about pool but good breakfast

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
597 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: singapore hotel for 1 adult and 3 children

most orchard hotels will have what you want, but the big question (to ask De) is what budget you are willing to pay.

Once she knows your budget, she can suggest better.

Also, pls go to asiabesthotel.com to get a rough idea of what 4-5star hotels cost in Sg.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,610 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: singapore hotel for 1 adult and 3 children

as alex had said, there are quite a few hotels along Orchard that will fit your bill. Try these :

1) Orchard Parade hotel

2) Traders (not along Orchard but a couple of minutes to the beginning of Orchard)

3) Regent (Traders immediately neighbor)

4) Orchard (u have to be specific about 2 double beds, limited rooms, this is before Millenium took over so I hope this hadnt changed since the renovation)

5) Royal Plaza on Scotts (as name suggested, it is along Scotts instead of Orchard but location is definitely ideal coz Scotts is considered part of the busy Orchard area)

The list will get very long :) If u say best of 5*, it will have to be Four Seasons or Grand Hyatt (though this is on Scotts too). Hilton I dont remember the rating but is also a good hotel along Orchard (should be at least 4*).

Good luck and have a great trip

Singapore
Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: singapore hotel for 1 adult and 3 children

Hi julieed,

How's you planning to KL? Hope you're alright. ;)

Back to hotels, i believe most of the hotels have 2 singles or slightly bigger. Nevertheless, i would like to offer, if allowed, my suggestion on Phoenix Hotel at the center of Orchard Road. They have rooms with 2queens. Comfy and reasonably priced with nice breakfast.

http://www.hotelphoenixsingapore.com/

If you want luxury, try the Grand Hyatt. Grand Deluxe Rooms at their all suite grand wing, is of better quality and size. Remember to ask for rooms with bathtub if you need one, cos some don't. The service isn't that fantastic, but breakfast at their new The Straits Kitchen (IMHO)is not-to-be-missed.

Good Luck

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: singapore hotel for 1 adult and 3 children

thank you all for your help. sincerely still trying to plan my kl trip I have since extended my tim so now I arrive on the sunday night and fly back to australia on the friday night so it gives me more time to travel up to kl. still think outstation taxi should be ok and quicker than the bus. If I remember correctly when we use to drive it was about a 4 hour trip? also wondering if I should hire a car but this would be a last resort.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,610 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: singapore hotel for 1 adult and 3 children

car rental in Asia is a costly affair even when it is supposed to be on promotion.

Coz of the freeway, u can definitely get to KL between 4-5 hours (watch the speed patrol coz last time we did that, our friend had a ticket !).

Good Luck and enjoy your trip :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
597 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: singapore hotel for 1 adult and 3 children

i wouldn't suggest renting a car to get from sg to kl. not only would it be costly, you are crossing international borders. most car rentals would only cover sg OR malaysia, and not both.

take the luxury coach, it will save you a lot lot lot lot lot of hassle.

you might even want to consider staying at the grand copthorne waterfront, a nice new big hotel along the singapore river (dunno the rates tho...) and one of the luxury coach company goes from that hotel to KL central direct.

https://www.aeroline.com.sg/

Singapore
Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: singapore hotel for 1 adult and 3 children

Hi Julieed,

Glad to know you've more or less decided on your trip to KL, but i'm about to influence you with my luxury coach suggestion again. ;)

www.transtar.com.sg

Have a good trip ;)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: singapore hotel for 1 adult and 3 children

thanks again for your help. I think it will be the bus although I still dont understand why the outstation taxi is not good. have caught them befor to go from KL to malaca return no problems. I probably take the lux option on the bus. kind regards