We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for cheap children's clothes?

Auckland Region...
13 posts
Save Topic
Best place for cheap children's clothes?

Hi everyone,

So I'm in Singapore right now.

Where is the best place to buy children's clothes? (For an 8 year old).

I went to Orchard Road today, and that place is huge, and I'm not sure of what malls are the cheap ones and which ones are the cheaper ones.

I'd prefer a department store type place, or a mall where there's a whole bunch of children's clothing shops all in one place to save time. I don't want to walk around heaps looking for kids clothes. I'd like it if I could just buy a heap at one store or in one location.

I'm just looking for regular children's clothes - i.e not marks and spencer or the gap - I'm looking for slightly cheaper.

Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for cheap children's clothes?

Most department stores here have childrens section including the ones at Orchard Rd like at Takashimaya, Metro (at Paragon), Isetan, CK Tang, Robinsons, etc. U could also try Bugis Market n Bugis Junction mall above Bugis station. At the airport, if u go to basement 2 of T3 (landside), u will find a row of pushcart stalls selling children's clothings. Though not sure if they are for 8 yr olds. All terminals are connected by skytrain, except budget terminal.

Edited: 9:41 am, December 11, 2011
Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for cheap children's clothes?

There are plenty of sale happening now! Last week was a big sale by Takashimaya at Ngee Ann City Atrium for children stuff, check it out, it might be there still. or else any most department store having sale too at the moment.

johannesburg,southaf...
Level Contributor
665 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for cheap children's clothes?

Hi there "raras 2u" and "AndyNG", Glad I saw this request. As it reminded me that we will be in Singapore in Feb on the 10th. We are not really into shopping and so would appreciate your best help here. We have a three year old grandson (and a newborn) . Would also appreciate a place or two to purchase clothing - but we are looking for good quality (not so much name brands but creative interesting fun for a youngster - I must admit our daughter did tell us he is into Toy Story and Micky Mouse!). I remember in Japan, we were impressed with Takashimaya - but kind of like small speciality shops just for children. I hope I am not repeating 'smalan's" question.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for cheap children's clothes?

You might want to try shopping at People's Park Centre and People's Park Complex in Chinatown.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place for cheap children's clothes?

Novena Square , next to Novena MRT. .is a mall full of children's clothing store and Toys R Us and stuff-children-related..

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place for cheap children's clothes?

If you are still in SG right now, why not try Singapore Expo. There is the Robinson Sales going on. All items are mark downed. Sales on now till 18 Dec. Take a East bound MRT train to Tenah Merah MRT and change to Airport line, alight at Expo station (which is 1 stop away). Hall 5, 10.30am - 10pm

If you have time, walk over to Changi City point, the newly opened mall, Do not expect much as most are eateries and several factory outlet shops selling clearance items, Nike, World of Sports, Esprit, Skectcher, sorry, can't remember the stores name. Quite a number of sports apparel companies are there. At basement, I think there is a pet shop and a Value$ shop selling mostly cheaper price items.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place for cheap children's clothes?

Its a bit surprising to find someone looking for 'cheap' clothes in Singapore. A lot of Singaporeans themselves grab the opportunity to shop for inexpensive clothes from Thailand or Indonesia whenever they have a chance to visit those countries! Probably the term cheap or expensive is relative. Anything that you get at a lesser price than your home country is cheap!

Nevertheless, OG (Chinatown, Orchard, Albert Court) and Robinsons (Orchard Road, City Hall) are highly popular amongst locals. These shops sell a big variety from inexpensive stuff to pricey branded items.

Edited: 4:29 am, December 12, 2011
Singapore
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place for cheap children's clothes?

The place you're looking for is United Square in Novena, easily reached by Novena MRT. The mall's niche is having stores catering to children. There is a collection of children's apparel stores there. http://www.unitedsquare.com.sg/

Auckland Region...
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place for cheap children's clothes?

I know Singapore is not cheap, but I'm from Australia where everything is more expensive.

I'm going to try Novena and also the expo sounds good!

Thank you!

10. Re: Best place for cheap children's clothes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, December 24, 2012