We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
96 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Custom tailor in Singapore?

I will be in Singapore for a few days later this month and someone suggested I get some custom clothes made. Can anyone provide some suggestions on that? Is it primarily shirts or can I get suits, shoes, etc? About how much do they cost? Any recommendations on where to go? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Would also welcome any thoughts on other highlights to see or do.

Thanks!

Wiesbaden, Germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Custom tailor in Singapore?

I realize the op has completed their trip but this forum could still be useful to someone else so I highly recommend A & P Custom Tailors 150 Orchard Rd #01-09 Orchard Plaza 238841 Singapore

Phone: 6738 3463

Ask for Pam. They have very reasonable prices and great quality. I had some suits and shirts made back in 2007 while visiting a friend which i wear regularly and to this day I still receive compliments on my nice "new" shirts. They are really good for Mens wear

London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Custom tailor in Singapore?

Went to Mohan's after checking out this forum and others..

Got a shirt and suit - well fitted and delivered to my hotel in a few days

Prices are reasonable in comparison to similar tailored suits in the UK

Chile
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Custom tailor in Singapore?

I would highly recommend to check out Mohan's which is located at the Far East Plaza Mall next to the Grand Hyatt hotel. I just bought two suits there and the quality and service is simply fantastic. You have to check it out. Their service is great and they are ready to make minor alterations in a matter of hours. It took them just two days to get my suits ready and the fit and finish is simply great. Before you go, you might check their website:

www.mohanscustomtailors.com.sg

You will not be disappointed. I am extremely pleased. Good luck.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Custom tailor in Singapore?

I agree that Mohans' makes good quality clothes, I have had a number of shirts, trousers and a suit made by him over a few visits.

Make sure though that you get your clothes before you leave. I have been hounding Max for a refund for clothes he couldn't deliver for months and have been totally ignored, so be careful as you won't get your money back. RIPPED OFF!!

MelbourneAustralia
Level Contributor
342 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Custom tailor in Singapore?

Hmmm, I have seen examples before where some tailors in Bangkok of somewhat questionable repute periodically jump onto a forum before it expires using various alias names to drum up business, surely this couldn't be happening elsewher as well.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
44 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Custom tailor in Singapore?

Good point! I'm off to Singapore in a 2 wks and had made a diary toe to call at mohans but u have made me thinks! I'm considering to have a 2

shirts made, I'll try your recomedation. Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Custom tailor in Singapore?

Geoff, hope you have a good trip here. Shirts in SG normally start from $80 if they are pure cottons. Anything less and you might be getting cotton-polyester blends. Just thought you should be careful of that.

18. Re: Custom tailor in Singapore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, March 18, 2013
19. Re: Custom tailor in Singapore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 20, 2014