We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's with the crappy new format?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
What's with the crappy new format?

O.k. So now we have banners in the MIDDLE of the forum?

What is next, pop-up ads?

Please tell me if I'm the only regular who thinks this is going too far.

If this format stays, I go and I expect de last one, Jadedu, and the others will go too.

Too bad, it WAS a good forum...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's with the crappy new format?

O.k., before you think I'm crazy here, the format has now apparently changed back.

And, really, it wasn't just me; check the Hong Kong forum for at least one other expert who saw and felt the same.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's with the crappy new format?

Now the word is they're testing the new format. So it will come and go, and repeat. (See the Hong Kong forum on this topic).

I have taken the trouble to email tripadvisor directly and, in particular, the advertisers who appear in the advertising banner. Given my emails were sent late in the evening, their response (the advertisers) has been rapid. They are evidently going to speak with tripadvisor but for those who have seen just how annoying this is, I would ask you kindly email as well to save this forum from becoming just another annoying ad site.

(Odd too, since I used to patronize those advertisers and recommend them to others.)