We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

breakfast

australia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
breakfast

Due to the very busy time we had to book into the Fragrance Crystal hotel (usually use Quality or Garden) but no choice. Where nearby can we go for a good breakfast not too expensive.

Singapore
Level Contributor
268 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: breakfast

your hotel is located at geylang where you can easily get food 24/7.

just walk to the main road and you'll bound to locate an eatery. all now depends on your preference.

australia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: breakfast

Thank you not knowing the area I thought wqe should look for an hotel which did open breakfast

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: breakfast

Hi Yafm,

The thing about Geylang though, is that it is Singapore's designated red light district.

Food is in abundance here. All sorts of interesting stuff. If you are into Beef, do visit Lorong 8 for the Beef hor fan.

Look out for house with lighted numbers, unless you want to be propositioned, I'd advise you to avoid them.

Happy breakfasting...!!!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
597 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: breakfast

Dear Ah Pit

I think it will be too culture shock for you to recommend tourists to eat beef hor fun for breakfast.

Ha ha ha ha

Normally, b-fast elsewhere is usually "light" ...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
228 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: breakfast

geyland has food avaliable 24 hours a day. from the "official records", i know streets with even numbers and from 16 to 22 are the "official" red light areas, but these days is very varied.

what do you define as breakfast? and good? 2 slices of roti prata can be breakfast, a plate of chicken rice can be breakfast. when i wake up late, a plate of fish and chips is also considered breakfast.

Singapore
Level Contributor
268 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: breakfast

zwean, apart from singapore n some asian countries, fish n chips are item on the lunch/dinner menu only.

it takes quite abit for visitors to get accumstomed to our multi-cultural eating habits.