We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“ Fraxel lazer skin resurfacing clinic in Johor Bahru ”

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
294 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
“ Fraxel lazer skin resurfacing clinic in Johor Bahru ”

Hi Everyone

I am holidaying in Singapore next year and would like to travel to JB for a day to do a little shopping and have a fraxel lazer skin resurfacing treatment to refresh my face.

Can anyone recommend a good clinic or doctor please that is not too expensive? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

M

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,307 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: “ Fraxel lazer skin resurfacing clinic in Johor Bahru ”

<< recommend a good clinic or doctor please.>>

Not travel related, wrong forum

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
294 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: “ Fraxel lazer skin resurfacing clinic in Johor Bahru ”

With respect. This is a valid travel question.

A fraxel lazer treatment is a common beauty treatment here in Australia generally carried out by a trained skin care professional in a "beauty clinic".

Its the same as asking where do I go to have hair extensions in JB or

where do I shop to buy the latest cutting edge computer equipment.

I believe many Singaporeans and Malaysians have had this treatment as it reduces facial scarring etc that occurs in teenage years.

So I'm hoping someone in the travel community may know something..............

M

Have a good day!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: “ Fraxel lazer skin resurfacing clinic in Johor Bahru ”

You're right, Marnie. This question keeps coming up again and again. Unfortunately I don't know a name in JB but if you come up to KL, I can forward my doctor's contact. I also know a dermatologist in SG but I'm guessing it'll cost the same as Aus.

My 2 cents. You should only go with a qualified doctor/dermatologist who's apt at doing the procedure. Beauty salons here are not necessarily licensed to carry out such procedures and should anything untoward happen, you'll have no recourse.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: “ Fraxel lazer skin resurfacing clinic in Johor Bahru ”

Sorry I should clarify ... when I say "beauty salons here blah blah", I meant Malaysia, not Singapore.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
294 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: “ Fraxel lazer skin resurfacing clinic in Johor Bahru ”

Thanks Jules for your comments.

No need to apologise. I appreciate your offer of help. I have visited KL many times and have a doctor there who has done a little surgery for me. Fantastic proceedure, great doctor and about a third of the price compared to Aus.

I know that fraxell lazer is available at clinics/beauty salons in KL where I assumed it was carried out by trained beauty professionals with the same level of professionalism as in Aus.

In some beauty clinics in Aus you can choose to have a doctor or a qualified professionally trained beautician.

The Doctor will charge say 30% more for a proceedure than a trained beautician. I have found that sometimes the beauticians are better than the doctors.

So you are telling me to be careful as the level of expertise that I expect may not be there with the "beauticians".......................

Thanks I will take the info on board, I will be carefull......and hope that someone may still may help with a recommendation. I don't mind a doctor or a beautician as long as they are very professional.

Fraxel lazer costs about $Au1,200 - $Au1,400 here for one session. Price is cetainly not the main factor when having something done to your face however after KL I thought that there may be a really good professional in JB and I might have a few dollars to spend on something else.

Cheers

Marnie

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: “ Fraxel lazer skin resurfacing clinic in Johor Bahru ”

I've never done Fraxel but instead do a version of IPL (forget what it's called!!) just to "freshen up" ... my doc says it's more like an intensive facial which frankly exceeds expectations (facials, I feel, are superficial whereas laser treatments go deeper into the epidermis). If I go often enough (maybe every 7 weeks or so), I pay him RM400 but if I don't see him for more than 6 months, then he uses a more intensive procedure which costs me RM800. Still a whole lot cheaper than Aus!!

Sadly Malaysia doesn't quite follow-through with rules and regulations, hence my 2 cents re: qualified "beauticians". Unlike in Singapore (and Aus) where one can't be licensed without going through the proper training.

Good luck with your search! If you can't find a name in JB, perhaps it's telling you to come up north! LOL.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: “ Fraxel lazer skin resurfacing clinic in Johor Bahru ”

Is there any other forum where you can post about it? Maybe a 'skin forum' or something like that? I still think this is not travel related forum, agree with Schonefeld. And even further you are discussing the price, treatments, etc. Totally not a travel related. Your post might be removed though by the administrator.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
294 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: “ Fraxel lazer skin resurfacing clinic in Johor Bahru ”

And now for the next exiting installment in this saga............................

Sorry Andy, if I am upsetting you. When searching online unfortunately there is a definate lack of information on "beauty therapy" specifically in Johor Bahru so I thought I would ask my fellow trippers on TA.

Under theJB information page " things to do" one of the top rated activities is a spa treatment that TA members are very enthusiastic about. In Aus we could probably go to a "spa" which is a health clinic/beautician and have this skin treatment proceedure.

If I was seeking shopping info/advice about buying diamonds in KL would it be wrong for TA members to offer advice as to which jewellers I should visit as well as well as an idea of price and value for money. As far as I can see Jules and I have had an exchange of information which is what this forum is all about. There have been no names and no pack drill!

Jules IPL is very good I believe however Fraxel is suposedly even better as it not only removes spots and skin marks but tightens the skin as well. Everyone raves about it! Unfortunatly its a bit more expensive.

Maybe I might still get lucky and a fellow TA member may know of a great clinic/spa to go to in JB or I might just have to come further north to KL!

I think I have given you all some exitement in your day!

Best wish to everyone.

Marnie

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: “ Fraxel lazer skin resurfacing clinic in Johor Bahru ”

Andy, if OP's question is not travel-related, how so is shopping? Or "where's the best place for hawker food"? Or "gripes about airlines"? Funny that this question comes up in the Malaysia Forum ... but is taboo in the SG one?

10. Re: “ Fraxel lazer skin resurfacing clinic in Johor Bahru ”

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 17, 2011