We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to know about jewellary - May be de can help

Seoul
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Need to know about jewellary - May be de can help

Hello,

I am on my way to Singapore at the new year day .. i promised to buy a diamond to my wife... i was wondering from where should i start searching for it ... I am looking for a diamond pendant. somewhere around 0.3 to 0.5 carrot,

any idea what should be the price? which are the good places to buy it? is it in airport ? or anywhere else?

I am sure de can help...

and, de one more help required is i want to buy a decent watch, may be of Armani ( not geogio but Emporio ..!!!) ... do you suggest Lucky Plaza... do you know any special shop whoch you think is authentic aqnd dont rob the customers....

I am waiting for your reply...

Rgds,

Rajib

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Need to know about jewellary - May be de can help

Hi

Checkers

When are you coming to bangkok

Maybe you want to come during the bangkok jeweller fair which is from the 29th of feb to the 5th of march....but come in the earlier days.....most hotels will have a free shuttle to the fair grounds.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Need to know about jewellary - May be de can help

Hi Rajib,

Yes, Jan et Lee (her name is actually Janet) is at Shaw Centre, Scotts Road, opposite Hyatt Hotel.

It's very difficult to say how much you can buy with USD700 - 900 because it all depends on the 4Cs. Honestly, Janet is more expensive than Goldheart, Lee Hwa, etc, but her quality is much better.

I think that if you want a solitaire, then you may be looking at 0.2. You might be able to get something bigger in Goldheart or Lee Hwa.

However, she's also got some pieces already designed, for you to choose from. Those can also be cheaper...in any case, even if you select the stone, you don't have to pay for anything else. You just have to pay for the stone.

I like her because I don't feel obliged to buy things from her. She is more than willing to let you try her jewellery (very clever), but you don't feel pressured to buy anything. e.g. You can even try a 5 carat ring, although you've told her that you only have S$500 to spend.

I like Janet because she taught my husband and me how to look at diamonds - the 4 Cs, and her diamonds really sparkle.

Another reputable place is Larry Jewellery.

If you have to choose between Goldheart and Lee Hwa, I prefer Goldheart because they actually have more gold in their jewellery than Lee Hwa. Personally, I find Lee Hwa's jewellery a little bit too light for my liking.

I hope this helps!