We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from the airport to Copthorne Kings by MTR and...

manila
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
How to get from the airport to Copthorne Kings by MTR and...

Hi there, if anyone can give directions on how to get to the Copthorne Kings from the aiport pls.? And how about tips and reviews about this hotel as well? We're going to singapore next week. Thanks...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from the airport to Copthorne Kings by MTR and...

Hi Deniseangela,

The easiest and best way to get from the airport to any hotel in Singapore would have to be by the cab. They're relatively cheap and aplenty and most importantly - they're super convenient. Brings you direct from the airport to the hotel.

Reviews about Copthorne Kings - that'd be de last one's forte :)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from the airport to Copthorne Kings by MTR and...

King's had improved a lot since new management, not really convenient for tourists that want to be next to an MRT but there are plenty of cabs and buses all around.

And I agree with Checkers, the best thing is to catch a cab (wont cost more than S$12 and with bags, CBD charges maybe max out at S$15). If there are more than a few of you (esp. with families), cab is the BEST choice. The airport shuttle is $7 per person, MRT (to City Hall) is

S$1.40 but you will have to lug your bags around or the bus is

S$1.60. If there are 4 of you, that would average about $6 per single trip with the cumbersome bags and not direct to your hotel.

Hope this helps.

manila
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from the airport to Copthorne Kings by MTR and...

thanks so much checkers and de last one! my husband and i are hesitant to take a cab because we would be arriving in singapore at around 8 p.m. and i read somewhere that cabs usually charge higher at night? so, i'm thinking of taking the mtr from the airport to mtr outram (the hotel said this is the nearest mtr to the hotel), and from there, probably take a bus or a cab...

Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from the airport to Copthorne Kings by MTR and...

Hi Deniseangela,

I don't think the extra surcharge comes into play until midnight. Therefore, arriving at 8 pm would not incur the extra surcharge. This is my understanding. Checkers, can you confirm this?

Anyways, have a great trip!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from the airport to Copthorne Kings by MTR and...

Affirmative! Niah, you must have been here enough times to know how our transport system works huh? :-)

No worries Deniseangela ... the surcharges will only start from 11:30pm till 6:00am the next day. It's basically 50 percent on top of the base fare but there's a staggered surcharge between 11:30pm - 01:00am.

From your arrival time, you may be expecting a cab fare of S$15 + airport surcharge ($3-$5) depending on day of travel.

Guess it still works out to be rather reasonable. Even more so if you're arriving into Terminal One because the Changi Airport's MRT Station is located at Terminal Two.

manila
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from the airport to Copthorne Kings by MTR and...

Thanks niah and checkers!.. Good thing I joined tripadvisor forums, I'm getting invaluable advice from the experts..' wish I joined earlier, long before I booked at Copthorne Kings.. Had I known it would be inconvenient going to that hotel, i should have just tried the other hotels near the MTR stations. But, I'm still happy because we would just be staying there for two nights and we're going to transfer to Carlton Hotel. Many thanks again...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get from the airport to Copthorne Kings by MTR and...

Most welcome Deniseangela :)

Enjoy Singapore!

Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get from the airport to Copthorne Kings by MTR and...

Hi Checkers,

Actually, I've never been to Singapore (LOL)! Not yet, anyways. My knowledge comes mainly from this post, the internet and tour books. I've done quite a bit of research as we are planning to go there in the near future. I am really grateful to everyone who has contributed to this forum. It is very informative and has given me a lot of insight into Singapore. Special thanks to you and De, the true experts! Keep up the good work!

By the way, have a great trip to BKK! I am assuming this is Bangkok?

Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get from the airport to Copthorne Kings by MTR and...

Sorry, just read another post. BKK is definitely Bangkok! Have a good one!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get from the airport to Copthorne Kings by MTR and...

hey denise,

King's is not that bad of a hotel really, so dont feel too bad :) This way, you can get a taste of two parts of town !

As for the extra charges for a cab, you will miss the CBD restricted zone charges after 8 pm and before the midnight charge of 50%. Unless you have TONS of bags, the cab driver usually dont charge the luggage fees and a cab into town wont cost more than S$12 (far end of Orchard Road/Tanglin).

Have a great trip :) Since you are at Carlton, walk over to Chimjes is a must !