We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore in November- what to wear?

Constanta
5 posts
Save Topic
Singapore in November- what to wear?

Hello.

So, i must ask. Since in my country it's very cold in November, can be -5 or max 10 degrees...and always is snowing ...I read that in Singapore can be 20-25 degrees...I just want to know what to wear...

I will stay just 2 days in Singapore in my way to Australia and New Zeeland..I don't want to take something I can't wear.

Thanks...

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
622 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore in November- what to wear?

Singapore's weather is generally hot and humid with occasional showers. For everyday sightseeing, T-shirts and bermudas will be fine.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,626 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore in November- what to wear?

You won't need any ''warm'' clothing whilst outside, though some of the Malls can be a little chilly inside, as can the cinemas, so a lightweight cardigan slung across, or in, your shoulder bag may be a good idea if you're going to be indoors for long periods. Though I've never felt the need, but my wife feels the cold of the A/Con sometimes. Alan.

bbc.co.uk/weather/…

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore in November- what to wear?

Yes, think hot and humid. It can be cold indoors esp so because it's humid and you're all sticky and then you step into frigid a/c, which, because of the humidity makes it even colder, I think! But then again, when it's cold, think 25 deg C, I'd say....?

Singapore
Level Contributor
640 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore in November- what to wear?

I wear short sleeves T-Shirt most of the time while long sleeve business shirt at work. Singapore temperature range between 25-33DegC all year round.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Level Contributor
103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore in November- what to wear?

It's warm in Singapore currently abt 22-33 deg cel.

As it is the rainy season, u might like to have a handy foldable umbrella with you. It doesn't usually pour for hours, but do expect light intermitten showers.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Constanta
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore in November- what to wear?

Thanks for all your answer ...now I know what to take with me.

Best regards, Ellen

ada
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore in November- what to wear?

Was there last week and it was 30 above and very humid so more uncomfortable and draining than you expect. It was marginally cooler by the river areas/in the shade. A/C was welcome and not very cold in most places (felt like it was set about 20) Natural fibres (linen, cotton) not too tight fitting seemed to work best. The tip about the umbrella is a good one - we only would have needed it once but then we really needed it as the rain is 'tropical' , not the poncy stuff we get in UK.

Warkworth
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Singapore in November- what to wear?

We have just got back (6 November was our last Singapore day) and it was really humid so wear light clothing, not heavy cotton T-shirts as they are too hot. But always take a light cardigan or something you can sling on easily for the air conditioned areas. You may not need it but I found it useful and one of my daughters too. We found the rain generally avoidable. You can't walk in it - the downpours are too heavy so if it is rainy you are generally inside or catching a taxi or train somewhere then undercover wherever you are going from there. Once it stops you will be out and about again but it was so hot and humid that most of our walking took place under shelter, except Zoo and birdpark where we were lucky with fine weather. A good brolly there would be useful but you could buy one then if need be. We bought foldaways in Little India when it was pouring but then didn't use them again.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Little India
Little India
3,455 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
9. Re: Singapore in November- what to wear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 06, 2010