We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fake watches,bags,clothing

australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
fake watches,bags,clothing

hi does anyone know whether you can get "fake" branded clothing etc in singapore if so where?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
597 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fake watches,bags,clothing

almost impossible for you to find it in tourist areas, downtown or in shopping centers.

your best bet is to be approached by a crook wearing a large trenchcoat.

or take a day trip to foreign lands north and south of singapore. plenty there...

australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: fake watches,bags,clothing

hi, thanks for the info! when you say north do you mean Johor Bahur and where do you mean by south??

Mentioned in this post
Johor
Johor
Malaysia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fake watches,bags,clothing

Ha Ha! I think he means Indonesia ... Is that right alexiusp?

Mentioned in this post
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
597 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fake watches,bags,clothing

yes, batam and bintan.

the funny thing is that the major department stores in batam sell ridiculously cheap branded goods.

go figure.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,831 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fake watches,bags,clothing

when I was in singapore in July I did find some fake stuff in Lucky Plaza but it was very expensive- I think you're better off in JohorBahru which is where I'm going to visit to buy fakes in December. I had just left China where all the fakes were so cheap!

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fake watches,bags,clothing

It's not real cheap for imitation branded goods here in JB. However, you could take a look at Holiday Plaza. Lot's of shops there selling trendy stuff. Not sure whether they are selling imitation branded stuff (finger crossed). Watched, bags, clothing, and even latest movie or software. Take a look there. You might get what you want.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,831 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fake watches,bags,clothing

thanks hornydevil - I will look there- but maybe the prices of the fake stuff in Johor will be a lot cheaper than we can buy in Australia

Mentioned in this post
Johor
Johor
Malaysia
australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: fake watches,bags,clothing

thanks all, for the info