We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentist in Singapore

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Dentist in Singapore

Does anyone have any recommendations for a dentist over there? I'm asking for my dad, who was recently found out he needs USD $17k in dental work done! Figured Singapore might be a little cheaper since we will be visiting anyway.

Don't really need a place that caters to expats on Orchard Rd or Holland V, just a dentist that has good standards and a good reputation.

Thanks.

Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dentist in Singapore

Hi, you can try Omni Dental at Heeren. Personally I'm one of those whom gets terribly afraid of dentists and will tend to put off a visit to the dentist as far as possible.

But having checked out a few before settling for Omni Dental, I figured the service, advice and docs are all superbly friendly and makes the whole dental experience value for the $$. Price wise you may contact them to check. They are also usually booked back to back for appointments, so you may wish to call before dropping by.

They are very well located in Orchard Road though, just well smacked in the middle of the whole shopping belt.

http://omnidental.com.sg/contactus.htm

Hope that this is helpful.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dentist in Singapore

Hi bellagreen,

Unfortunately, the place I go to, which is great is in Orchard Road and while it doesn't only cater to expats, there are quite a few of them who go there!

It's Atria-Pan Dental Group: http://www.atria-pan.com/

The service is EXCELLENT. There are different dentists who cater to different needs.

However, I know someone who had a root canal done at the Jurong Medical Centre and liked it:

www.jurongmedicalcentre.com.sg/Default.aspx…

I think the the Jurong Medical Centre is part of the National Healthcare Group:

http://www.nhg.com.sg/

You can also try the National Dental Centre:

http://www.ndc.com.sg/

Singapore is not that cheap for medical, as well, especially if you don't have time to wait for appointments, doctors, so it might be good to contact a few of these places via email and tell them exactly what you need and how much it might cost for a procedure like that to be in done in Singapore and most importantly, mention that you are a tourist. If you have an overseas insurance plan, it might either pay for it or help you pay part of the costs.

I think that the Atria-Pan Group is quite good and according to my friends here, they say that what I've been paying is quite reasonable, but I don't know as I didn't really "shop" around. When I had to have my 4 wisdom teeth extracted, the clinic called me at home every day to find out how I was doing, also because I am allergic to almost all painkillers and they were v concerned for me, so everyone around me were very impressed with their service. They also have like these spectacles that you can put on to watch DVDs, with a special earpiece attached to it, for those who don't like to hear the noise of the drill and etc. It just makes the trip to the dentist a lot easier.

Gd Luck. I am very interested to see how much the difference in cost would be for the same procedure in the US and Singapore and etc....? So could you post back or PM me if you have the time and let us/me know? Tks?

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dentist in Singapore

Sorry, where's the EDIT button!? ;-P Instead of saying :

"Unfortunately, the place I go to, which is great is in Orchard Road and while it doesn't only cater to expats, there are quite a few of them who go there!"

I meant that the dentist I go to is IN Orchard Road and there are quite a few expats who go there, though it doesn't just cater to them!

Gd Luck again.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dentist in Singapore

Thanks for the info! I will definitely try and call the places you've recommended.

So far, we've learned that a crown costs almost SGD $1000, which is about the same as here. So it might not work out anyway.

I know that Singapore isn't all that cheap, and we do have the option of visiting Malaysia for dentistry, but figured that Singapore might have higher standards. Will call back to both places and see.

Thanks again!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dentist in Singapore

Bella

My dentist used to tell me that the cheapest crown range from S$750 to about S$3000. They are cost for different kind of Crown used (Material) not including the process.

Remember there are also the after root treatment for doing a crown & crown will need to be change every 10 plus year.

Good Luck.

Singapore
Level Contributor
458 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dentist in Singapore

Bella

Major dental work is much much cheaper in Vietnam. A crown from aUS or canadain trained dentist is 150USd

singapore
Level Contributor
270 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dentist in Singapore

try one that is in Kim Seng Road, Holiday INN below is a dental clinic. quite near Great World MAll. definitely cheaper than the ones in orchard.

Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dentist in Singapore

Hi bellagreen,

hope this msg finds you well.

if you don't want to queue long for appointment, I suggest you go to private dental clinic. My favorite dentist is Dr H C Leong Dental Surgeon in Clarke Quay. As I recall correctly, crown costs around S$800, subject to the material. For details, you can visit their website:

cms.leongdental.com.sg/index.php…

So far, my experience there is quite relaxed. Friendly staff and knowledgeable dentist and a wonderful view from the treatment room. About treatment quality? I dont think there is anything to complain.

hope that helps!

elims

p/s: welcome to singapore!

Orchard
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dentist in Singapore

You can visit www.luckyplazadetal.com

Orchard
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dentist in Singapore