We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to hotel

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to hotel

Just wondering aside for MRT as I arrive at 3 am is what is the option is there a difference between a metered taxi and airport taxi? Or just one or the other? How much at this time would it cost to get to Swissotel Stamford.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,610 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to hotel

there isnt any difference. Cabs just hang out at the airport waiting for the next fare so they are sometimes known as airport taxis. They will still have to use the meter. Including the midnight charge, you shouldnt pay more than $15 at that time of the night.

Singapore
Level Contributor
265 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to hotel

Have you considered a night at the Airport hotel? I've never stayed there myself but its probably reasonable enough for a night. A bed is what you need at 3am and it would be cheaper than a night at the Swiss. Cheers.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,305 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to hotel

Hey that's a pretty cool idea OP! Carla check out this link for napping areas at the airport:

www.changi.airport.com.sg --> Enjoy --> Rest and Relax --> Napping Areas

Note that the transit hotel at Terminal One is currently undergoing renovation so would not be available for use. Otherwise the rest of the accomodation options seem quite feasible for someone arriving at 3am in the morning.

There's actually no airport taxis at Changi, only airport limousines and airport shuttles. To get from the airport to Swissotel Stamford at that time would probably cost you about S$25-$30 including airport and midnight surcharges.