We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairmont Hotel

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,059 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Fairmont Hotel

Hi

I am looking at booking the Fairmont Hotel and the different room types available are Fairmont, Deluxe and Signature.

Now I am a little confused on which towers are better and if all the rooms have been renovated.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Also, cheapest rooms at the Swissotel the Stamford are the same price as the cheapest rooms at the Fairmont.

Which would you choose?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,128 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairmont Hotel

The rooms in the South Tower-more expensive- (Deluxe? - not sure what they are called after the recent rebranding) are of a completely different design and decor/theme to those in the North tower. North Tower has an oriental feel, South Tower has a modern contemporary feel with cutting edge bathrooms-glass washbasins and separate standing shower in a partial wet room (you need to stand in the bath for a shower in the North Tower-and in the Stamford). I dont think any one looks more renovated than the other, but the South definifately feels more special and the North overpriced for what you get.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,128 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairmont Hotel

Just been looking at the pitures on the Fairmont site and it seems thaey have changed the decor for the rooms, the Fairmont rooms no has an oriental feel, there is a more modern desk, LCD TV and lounge chair (did not have this previously). Assuming the second photo on the Guestroom pagee is the The Deluxe (South tower) room, then decor has been toned down to match the North tower Fairmont room. Different carpents (which was there before), bench infront of bed (was there before), new desk, Bose Hifi (was there before). Main differance is the bathrooms. Despite what the website says your view depend on which side of the 3 sided building you are, not which tower you are in. Signiture rooms are in both North and South Tower and are larger with 2 balconies (South Tower will cost more and have the better bathroom)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairmont Hotel

between the two chains (swissotel and fairmont), fairmont has the upper hand (in terms of public image as it is a higher end luxury brand of hotel)

Since it had become a fairmont, like L.M, I havent visited but I do believe in the name (I had stayed at their Houston, Montebello, Santa Monica, Seattle and London locations) for quality.

Enjoy !

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fairmont Hotel

I would choose a room in the South Tower at the Fairmont. I was in a newly renovated deluxe room with city/ Harbour view - room 1133 and received great service from the hotel staff. I will stay there again

There is a 28SGD high speed internet fee for 24-hour access in your room. If you are a Fairmont President's Club Member, there is no charge

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,059 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fairmont Hotel

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

The different room types can get really confusing!

Both the Fairmont and Swissotel have their entry level rooms at about $300 SGD per night nett on asiabesthotel including breakfast.

Some of the reviews mention un-renovated rooms?

Is this true?

Is this a good price for these hotels?

Cheers!

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,128 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fairmont Hotel

As I mentioned, there are no 'renovated' rooms at Fairmont. The rooms in the South tower appear to be renovated when compared to those in the North tower, but there are in fact of different design with extra amenities and are a higer catagory room, at higher cost.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,059 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fairmont Hotel

Thanks for the comments thus far. Its hard to choose the right thing to do.

Not keen on getting a crappy room in Sin for $300 per night.

8. Re: Fairmont Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 pm, September 03, 2009